windows 10 privacy problem

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by NST_Adventure, May 5, 2021.

1. NST_Adventure

NST_Adventure MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2019
    hi
    i want to ask about windows 10.

i saw news saying that windows send your data 5500 times/day

Is there any best method to block all 5500 data sending behavior? because removing telemtry only reduce them not block them completely

Best Regards
    NST_Adventure

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    @NST_Adventure
    1. the best method is not to use Windows
    2. another good way is to get rid of phobias
    3. third and best, talk about things you know, not things you heard somewhere.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
  4. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    No, Windows does not send your data anywhere. Windows sends its data. It sends information on how apps interact with one another, how drivers behave, anti-virus assessments, crashes, etc. With this data it can tell (hopefully) what needs to be done to enable Windows to run smoother with less issues. Your own personal data is not sent anywhere.

5. wilenty

wilenty MDL Senior Member

Jan 15, 2014
    I will not write here about those who uses illegal copy of any Software.

I know that Linux is not best, there are many good people who wants to make it better. But, Windows going to the backward and they don't allows to disable collecting the data (even if the data comes from the OS only)? Did we pay for Windows with any way, or not? So, why they decide what the Windows doing on my personal computer?
    Oh, I forgot that most users saying: "I do not care about it"... So now the same says the company: "I do not care about it"...
    They don't care about your money that you pay for electricity, because collecting and sending the data needs the computing power. They also don't care about your internet connection (if you have limits), because the data must be sent.
    They paid you for test their OS, or they paid for the hardware on which the OS is running? So, you must pay for all of that along with Windows, but they use your Personal Computer to test their OS.

So, now any of you can say: "I do not care about it, I will pay for the OS and I will pay for all that things to make the Windows 10 much better!". Also, you can say: "Windows 10 knows better what I should use on my private computer, because I am so stupid to knows all of that!". ;)

If you don't care about it - you are prisoner of the OS!

6. iota

iota MDL Junior Member

Aug 13, 2014
    don't go on other platforms which might be worse, like google's android and apple's ios and macos.
    no no no, i won't get rid of my phobias! i shall be phobic about google and apple!

i don't like to defend microsoft here. however, i wonder if these windows phobics use google account or apple id or both in their pockets (or systems).

7. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
  8. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009
  9. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    That article is from 2016, at that time MS did not care about privacy at all, until it was kicked by EU. It is much better now. But are you seriously comparing LTSC with a normal Windows? :rolleyes:

10. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    The only difference with LTSC is the windows store stuff is completely missing, in terms of what communication is sent to MS.
    The main reason I use LTSC is because I really dislike the auto-install apps, but you can disable those as well.
    There's a command for disabling the ms store app auto-install that you can run before enabling your wifi if you want to stick with end-user versions:
    Code:
    REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "SilentInstalledAppsEnabled" /D 0 /T REG_DWORD /F
    I'd recommend restarting before enabling wifi, but I haven't tested it.

11. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
    tell me more about linux loader pls

:)

Best Regards
    NST_Adventure

12. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
  13. JimmyJam1

JimmyJam1 MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2019
  14. ch100

ch100 MDL Addicted

Sep 11, 2016
    I think at least one notification is actually useful.
    It is the Input Switch Notification which notifies the user when a USB Drive is safe to be removed.
    Probably all others are not so useful and should be disabled.

15. ch100

ch100 MDL Addicted

Sep 11, 2016
    A regular Enterprise version can be made to behave like LTSC with minimal Group Policy configuration while keeping the additional features like the Store.
    Pro edition is close with few notable exceptions while Home is not for power users like most here.