Windows 10 Pro Insider Deactivated

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by devans123, Aug 9, 2015.

1. devans123

devans123 MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    I have been with the Insider program from the beginning, upgrading with each new build.
    Upgraded to 240 on the 26th July.
    Today it has deactivated, I restored to an image I created on the 4th August.
    Initially it was activated, then a couple of minutes later it tells me it is 'not activated'.
    My other computers 3 Laptops, 1 Tablet and additional Desktop were upgraded from Windows 8.1 they remain activated.
    It is only the Insider copy that has deactivated.
    Anyone else experiencing this?

2. jasjeet

jasjeet MDL Novice

Apr 25, 2012
    Does it say "Key has been blocked", that's exactly what happened to me. Check my thread "another activation thread".

3. devans123

devans123 MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    slmgr /ato - states server has blocked the key. I have the generic key ending 3V66T

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Are you connected with the MS Account you used on that Preview and is also related to your Insider Account??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. devans123

devans123 MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    Yes, verified ok

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Maybe you've to change the Credentials of your MS Account, special E-Mail Address, Password and how you verify! Maybe it's simply someting wrong with your Account Data!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. devans123

devans123 MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    The MS account is the same one I use on my other 5 Windows 10 devices, they work.
    I re-verified by logging into Local account and then back into MS account verifying using code sent to alternative email address.

8. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    No hardware changes I guess some how the computer ID Has been marked as not "legal" maybe have you tried phone activation ?

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Contact Microsoft Support directly or do an Phone Activation by calling to MS Activation Center of your Country! For later they mostly have Free Phone Numbers!

10. devans123

devans123 MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    I have tried phone activation - slui.exe 4, rang the number for Australia, entered my code, was redirected to an operator, she tried to redirect to their Technical department, call dropped to 'busy tone' during transfer.
    I have a direct number 18009364949, will try tomorrow

11. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That Code was the HWID of that device you want to activate! Next time keep them as reference for later use!

12. devans123

devans123 MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    One of the options when trying to activate is to go to 'the store'.
    When I did that it said my copy of Windows was genuine, it also changed my Key.
    Re checked activation - not activated.
    uninstalled key - slmgr /upk, reinstated -3V66T, rebooted rechecked, still not activated.
    Ran MTK 2.6.1 beta, now activated.
    Uninstalled key, reinstated -3V66T, now not activated.
    Back to store - Windows was genuine, it also changed my Key again.
    rechecked, still not activated. Reboot.
    After reboot - Activated.

No idea why this happened, maybe Microsoft activation servers were playing up.

13. hack

hack MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2009
    What was the "other" key that activation through the store changed it to.

If this was originally installed with no valid base licence through the insider program then it explains why you have to activate through the Windows Store. Leave the Insider program and this licence according to MS will be revoked at some stage.

Changing to 3V66T is a retail licence you have an Insider licence most probably.

14. 10aout

10aout MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2015
    Just curious: at the beginning of the Insider program (for this computer), was it a clean install or did you upgrade an existing (and properly activated) Windows 7 or 8.1 installation?

15. ElDiabl0

ElDiabl0 MDL Junior Member

May 31, 2011
    Maybe you should upgrade from 7 or 8 again just in case. If you have a spare hard-drive you don't even have to do a fresh install. Just change the hard-drive, install 7/8, upgrade to 10, and once it's activated you can put your HD back on and if it wasn't activated it should activate.

Mine hasn't deactivated yet but I was already planing to upgrade again to make sure it won't deactivate in the future.

16. Don

Don MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    It's Sunday, maybe MS is practicing how they are going to destroy everybody that upgraded from bogus OSes, it will probably be fine tomorrow.

17. bromanbro

bromanbro MDL Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Lol I don't see the point, as they could have halted upgraded from Daz Loader PCs from the getgo.

IF MS do anything, they'll try to coerce the Loader upgraders to join the Insider Program, or be deactivated.

That way MS will have more Guinea pig PCs to test features for free.

18. devans123

devans123 MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    Yes that is the key from MTK 2.6.1
    the key from the store is -KD726