Windows 10 redstone issues after upgrade

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by skamath, Aug 8, 2016.

1. skamath

skamath MDL Junior Member

May 11, 2016
    Hp envy convertible was recently upgraded to redstone. Volume has stopped working along with the Fn button to toggle the F buttons. How do I go about fixing it. The drivers for sound says up to date.
    In the device manager however the entire intel thermal and frameware list was with the yellow triangle and code 31. would that create issues above? I have rolled back to the previous version of the driver and it says working properly but sound and fn button still doesn't work. What am I to do to fix this?

Also in my wife's Compaq Pesario the scroll function on the touch pad doesn't work anymore!! solution?

TIA

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Why do you hate clean system, and a clean installation? Instead, to look for errors regularly?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. eemuler

eemuler MDL Senior Member

Jul 31, 2015
    The Windows 10 in-place upgrade disables everything it thinks might cause a problem. I have an older laptop - in my case the display driver has to be reinstalled.

Try reinstalling the laptop specific utilities again - download the stuff applicable to your laptop model from the manufacturer's website and reinstall. It is a good idea to disconnect from the internet while you do this, just to keep Windows from looking for a 'better' driver. For older drivers, you might need to use compatibility mode with admin rights.

The scroll function needs to be re-enabled after every touchpad driver update. Go to the driver settings page and set these features again.

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That isn't a Redstone Issue, it's a Driver issue! And for that, in first line, the hardware manufacturer is responsible, but the OS Developer!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. andy.tay70

andy.tay70 MDL Junior Member

Dec 15, 2013
    I did a clean install and my internet keeps dropping i did trouble shooter and it fixed the problem but as soon as my PC isnt used for a while i lose my connection!

6. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    This. Over the years, and numerous upgrades and installations of newer OSes, it's been very common (if not universally required) to have to install updated drivers.

I finally wised up and downloaded drivers for a given system before any upgrade or reinstall.

My experience upgrading three laptops (1 Toshiba and 2 Acer) and two netbooks (Eee PC) to Windows 10 (subsequently the Anniversary Update) is 10 does a remarkable job of supplying workable drivers and platform specific programs such as the brand name "manager" type panels.

7. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
  8. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    Disable the power management on your network card using the device manager.

9. skamath

May 11, 2016
    Like someone said to me before that I am a glutton for punishment. For some reason If I try to clean install I am sure I will screw a lot of things over as I am not that an expert specially when it involves a touch screen convertible. I am not up for it. If there is some easier fix like drivers and that I am happy to do it.

10. skamath

May 11, 2016
    The drivers are up to date in this case. The entire list of intel dynamic and thermal frameware should a code 31 and rolling back to the previous version fixed it and not any further updates. Driver identifier shows the audio drivers top on the list and if I try to install that it will advice it is not meant for the device.

11. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012