windows 10 repeated activations

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by pottzman, Aug 9, 2015.

1. pottzman

pottzman MDL Member

Dec 8, 2009
    okay so I upgraded my surface pro 3 to windows 10 and activated. then I did a clean install to see if activation would remain. I did and everything was good but since 1st august windows has asked me to re activate about 3 times more. one time it even gave me an error about key being blocked. now I just started my surface tonite and guess what? yep.... please activate windows again. this is so ridiculous it is not funny. I also get the notification to verify my Microsoft live account every other day. does anyone think this could just be some glitch with the initial rollout period and over time this issue may sort itself out?

is anyone else experiencing these symptoms?

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Maybe you should change the credentials of your MS Account, special E-Mail Address, Password and How you verify (E-mail, Mobile phone etc.)! Could be a problem with your account data!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pottzman

pottzman MDL Member

Dec 8, 2009
    I'm not so worried about the account verification.... its more the continued activations. it doesn't seem to happen on desktop pc. only surface

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That's why you should chanfge the Account data! Activation is related to the MS Account if that was done in first place!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...