Windows 10 Reserve Question...

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by TeamOS, Jul 10, 2015.

1. TeamOS

TeamOS MDL Guru

May 27, 2013
    before I make format my pc I software Windows 7 PRO SP1 non OEM I had already reserve using my e-mail...but because I bought key again format in my pc same OS ....and put the OEM key ..so i installed all updates etc....and when yesterday i see the windows 10 so i open it He did automatically the reserver and didn't ask my e-mail....cancel booking and redo try to put my e-mail They are to leave and see what happens????

2. Don

Don MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    #2 Don, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    Email isn't necessary, it is still reserved without it and they still have the email on file from the first time you reserved it. If you have the icon you are all set.

3. TeamOS

TeamOS MDL Guru

May 27, 2013
    thanks bro...

4. vipanonymous

vipanonymous MDL Senior Member

Apr 3, 2014
    There's any problem with OEM PCs/Keys?

5. TeamOS

TeamOS MDL Guru

May 27, 2013
    i don't believe is the OEM Keys :D i just say like notice..:D from illegal to legal i make clean installation so be sure :D ..xd

6. vipanonymous

Apr 3, 2014

Okay! I have just downgraded to 7 to get the update (7 OEM legal key) and your post made me think that OEM machines would not receive the update, anyway i got the GWX tray icon. I think i need to avoid MDL for a few days, i'm going nuts. I've already thinked about installing 10 via WU. Going back to 8.1 (Illegal Skype Actv) hahahaha

The anxiety man... 19 days to go :rasta::rasta::rasta:

7. TeamOS

TeamOS MDL Guru

May 27, 2013
    yeah same either but i stay mdl make good friends and have intresting have people from all countrys for talk same and understanding :)

8. vipanonymous

Apr 3, 2014

:offtopic: but there are many builds out here man. I feel tempted.

9. Bezalel

Bezalel MDL Member

Apr 30, 2012
    I'm not sure how they determine which wave the customers get put into. The fact that insiders go before customers makes me think they will set the waves based on how confident MS is that 10 will work on a particular system and not based on first come first served.

If they really wanted they could push out encrypted ESDs after RTM and send out the decryption key out at GA, but if something goes wrong they could have millions of angry customers on day 1.

10. SkOrPn

SkOrPn MDL Senior Member

Sep 8, 2012
    I think the main reason they have chosen the "Out in Waves" route, is not because they want to slowly monitor the roll-out but more because they expect far too many users to try getting it at once. Considering it could be the single largest digital download flow the company has ever seen it makes more sense to me just to assume they are simply being careful not to break the internet or their distribution mechanism. Just 5 million Insiders alone at over 3gb each is a tall order for any modern day server farm, not to mention this upgrade process they want to pull off as fast as possible so people are not sitting there looking at a progress bar taking forever to download...

The rollout in waves is simply a means for being careful, and the side effect is their IT pros get the chance to monitor and tweak the system as they move along, which is what they claim is the number one reason they are doing it in waves, lol... If something breaks, at least it was in "one wave" and not the entire world at once.

11. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
    Is there a way to reserve Win 10's without IDENTIFYING the machine?

Lets say, I have a Win 8 Pro license from the $14.99 sale that I am not currently using on a machine, as yet?

I figured Win 10 upgrades for OEM licenses would be tied to machine and non OEM licenses would be tied to previous License code?