Windows 10 RTM Key Question

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by thecom12, Jul 3, 2015.

1. thecom12

thecom12 MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2011
    hello first, I will be in the installation when upgrading from Windows 10 final version come with the original product key on my tablet? No obvious place to increase the tablet made from scratch setup my future? Translated Google :D

Windows 8.1 with Bing (Reeder W7ic)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

öncelikle merhaba, windows 10 final sürümü çıktığında tabletimdeki orjinal ürün anahtarı ile yükseltmeden kurulumda girecek miyim ? Malum tablette yükselmek için yer yok baştan kurulum yapacağımda ?

Windows 8.1 with Bing ( Reeder W7ic )

2. Don

Don MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Google did a lousy job..sorry, don't understand the question.

3. thecom12

thecom12 MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2011
    My windows 8.1 key dont upgrade direct fresh install windows 10 use or not ?

4. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    My understanding is that once you upgrade to 10, you can clean install because the device will now match hardware hash on MS server & activate...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    When you upgrade your tablets activation will be linked with your MS Account, and will activate when ever you reinstall or refresh.

6. yousif

yousif MDL Member

Dec 14, 2013
    I have an HP laptop with genuine Windows 8.1 . I removed the DVD-Drive and installed an SSD with Windows 8 (cracked). If I use the genuine Windows to Upgrade to Windows 10, can I then clean install to a genuine Windows 10 in the new SSD drive?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
  8. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    Remove the SSD from your laptop and do the 'Free Upgrade' from within the genuine Windows 8.1 install.
    Then AFTER the upgrade has finished AND you have logged in with an MS Account it will Activate.

That's when you can put your SSD back in the laptop and do a clean install with a Windows 10 disk, and it 'should' just activate. ;)

9. Rock Hunter

Rock Hunter MDL Senior Member

Dec 6, 2011
    This may not be very practical. If he has disposed of the HD or even just formatted it, the old Windows and/or restore files will be gone. And today's laptops are pretty fragile. Opening it up once to install the SSD is one thing. To have to open it up again twice might result in damage, lost screws, stripped threads, etc.

10. residentcl

residentcl MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2013
    I have a license of 8.0 pro and I do not take 8.1. :weep:;)
    I can go directly from 8-10 with the same license? :confused::g:

11. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Win 8.1 Upgrade via WU directly
    Win 8 Upgrade via ISO only

Same applies for Win 7 w/o SP1

12. residentcl

residentcl MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2013
    The question something, because I have to install 8, then passes via WU to 8.1 and after 10. :aerobueke:
    There is much work to have 10 legal. :swoon:

13. TheCandyManHK

TheCandyManHK MDL Addicted

Jun 26, 2015
    Personally i have Windows 8 plus ISO backup and will just wait and copy over Windows 10 also not updated Windows 8

14. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    Practicality doesn't come into it. :(

MS are saying you have to upgrade from within an eligible OS to get a Full, Activated and Genuine version of Windows 10.
    If he, you, I or anybody else, have lost the ability to go back to an eligible OS. The upgrade won't be Genuine and/or Activated.

Someone will probably find a loophole or two when the OS is released, but as of now that is the only way we know that will work.

15. yousif

yousif MDL Member

Dec 14, 2013
    Thanks for your input! I am using HD caddy which is require only one screw to remove the DVD-drive and put on the caddy with the SSD. However, I may just boot from the HD without this need to remove this SSD out and this one the upgrade is finished I will boot back from SSD and do a clean install there and hope it will activate as @ZaForD said! :)

Thank you both for the valued input! Appreciate it!

16. yousif

yousif MDL Member

Dec 14, 2013
    This problem is that the HDD that came with the laptop is really slow (5400 RPM) and I couldn't stand that so I ordered a caddy and installed an SSD right away and now I never boot into that HDD, only using it as storage for torrent downloads!

17. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    You have an entire year to upgrade, wait a couple months so M$ and the manufactures can work out all the kinks first. If you can afford it, get a second SSD hard drive and get windows 10 with that (use your recovery disk to upgrade) keep your existing drive with 8.1 should you decide to change your mind.

18. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    If it was my laptop, I'd remove the HDD and put the SSD in its place, then install the version of Windows 8.1 the laptop came with. You'd still get the 'Free Upgrade' because it would read the 'Genuine Windows 8.1 Key' from the BIOS.
    That way, you'd have your Genuine and Activated Windows 10 installed on your SSD and still have the HDD to put in the caddy for all those important torrents. :D

But as Joe C says, you've got a year to think about it. ;)

19. yousif

yousif MDL Member

Dec 14, 2013
    #19 yousif, Jul 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  20. LaShto

LaShto MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2015
    This is the universal key for Windows 10 Ultimate SP1:
    STOP-SPAMMING-WITH-QUESTIONS-ABOUT-UNRELEASED-OS-VERSIONS.

I really liked this forum. Here were nice things to learn and many others.
    But now everything is reduced at questions like "how will I activate my pirated version of windows 10 rtm?". Nobody knows at this moment. We shall see.