Windows 10 Service Release 1 Inbound for Next Week, Wave updates Start Rolling In

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by AcuraTML, Aug 22, 2015.

1. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

2. SAM-R

SAM-R MDL Guru

Mar 21, 2015
    Look at the date in the Article 10 Aug. Now look at todays date 22 Aug. Would you say this Article is old.:eek:

3. El_Heffe

El_Heffe MDL Member

Jul 16, 2007
    11 days after RTM and they're talking about a Service Release to "repair the system and fix the problems exposed."

In other words, Microsoft rushed out a buggy product and now they're scrambling to fix it.

I installed the recently leaked Insider Preview build 10525 and it fixed quite a few of the problems I was having with build 10240. Build 10525 is a lot closer to what the RTM release should have been.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

#4 AcuraTML, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2015
    (OP)

Its on there will be a wave update this week last weeks, didn't get the proper injected repairs this week and from here on the wave updates will be coming down the pipe every 4 weeks or less from now on, get used to updates every month or less its going to be like this from now on, major updates every month for windows ten

5. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    MS has been updating Windows once a month (or more) for the last decade, whats to 'get used too' :confused:

6. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

Not in Major Wave form, these new updates could be over 4 to 5 gigs these major releases are going to be very very large, and the report that I have you can have the following day another Wave of major updates, all I am saying get used to lots of updates from here on, and the next day if missed or screwed up a patch...

what is really said is your windows ten will be doing a lot more updating then any other windows version you have ever installed...

7. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    Sorry mate, but that's crap.
    50+ million at the moment and potentially 1+ billion people downloading 4/5 gig downloads every month. :confused:

The internet would slow to a crawl under the strain, plus all the major ISP's and Telco's would be blocking it every chance they had. Remember they want people to pay for their BB connections not actually use them.

And that's before we even start looking at nations with poor internet connectivity, where it would be impossible to do.
    Totally defeating MS's idea of having Windows Updates permanently on, in order to keep Windows 10 up to date.

8. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

#8 AcuraTML, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2015
    (OP)

Stay tuned, its the new " thing regarding windows 10 updates " I would suggest turn it off , but as you know that's kinda tricky at the moment

You can have updates again the same hour within the same day, it all depends how M$ feels at the moment, Apple is not better with their updates you should see whats going on within the Apple App Store regarding app updates and OXS major and minor updates

9. Sakuya

Sakuya MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Updates won't be 4~5 gigs because that would be replacing the whole O/S every month.
    Heck it'll be larger than current install medium size.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

you sure about that, your new updates that are slated for this week are over 2gigs alone stay tuned, and you will be waiting over 30 mins till you get the restart now clearance

11. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

#11 AcuraTML, Aug 23, 2015
    (OP)

Recap: poor regions or slow connections is that a M$ problem or M$ policy breech for not being to update their product? or is it the sole users problem?

Microsoft or Apple are not responsible or have any say ( " in regarding Internet or Network connections in anyway or form " ) the user is responsible for his or her connections or networks Not M$ or Apple Inc.

12. Sakuya

Sakuya MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    The full size of the installer media 3.4gb.
    Now I'm not a rocket scientist but there is something about Windows install mediums fitting on 1 DVD and the latter half of 4~5 gigs doesn't fit on a DVD.
    Another example would be the Windows 8.0 to 8.1 upgrade KB 2919355 being around 800Mb with a requirement of 2GB space for all the juggling it had to do.

13. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

#13 AcuraTML, Aug 23, 2015
    (OP)

stay tuned and get back to me by the middle of next week and see with yourself how big this wave 3 is...

Plus your right windows 10 pro or enterprise will not fit on a dvd with the most current major updates called Wave Updates

14. Sakuya

Sakuya MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    #14 Sakuya, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    You do realize that the current full 10525 build install mediums still do not break 4GB right?

TH2 10525 was a less than 3gb download via windows update.

15. SAM-R

SAM-R MDL Guru

Mar 21, 2015
    DVD's are a thing of the past. The latest Win 10 Server TP3 is 4.8 GB and does not fit on a DVD. USB Flash Drive only. If you buy Win 10 Retail, it comes on Flash Drive only, no longer on a DVD.

16. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

Thank You, Sam I am tired of trying and trying and trying in this forum thank you for stepping in

17. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

Yes I am very aware having on storage every Mac OSX, ever Linux OS to date and least but not last ever windows version since windows 95 to Windows 10 every version Home, Pro, Ent, and so on, yes I need to know each and every size for my collection its very important for storage capacities

18. PGHammer

PGHammer MDL Senior Member

Oct 14, 2011
    Depending on what lasers are included, a DVD drive can read or write (or both) single-and dual-layer DVD media (and other optical formats as well, such as DVD-RAM and BD media).
    A DL-DVD is 8.7 GB; a dual-sided DVD (basically two SL DVDs pressed back-to-back) is 8.6 GB (remember, a single-layer single-sided DVD is 4.3 GB).
    The more critical issue is that USB media are smaller (and have better performance metrics) than even optical media - not to mention that there are PC and device form-factors that lack support for optical media of any sort (some tablet form-factors, for example). When creating bootable media, I'm more likely to create USB sticks than optical media for performance reasons above anything else - compare transfer rates over USB with transfer rates of optical media over SATA-2 (the typical cap for optical media); even USB 1.1 (the slowest common USB specification) smokes SATA-2 - and USB 1.1 dates back to XP.

19. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

Very true statement, hammer I have noticed your USB observation throughout from Windows 95 to Windows ten and in between very good insight and statement..

20. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

Hammer and everyone else you all should try this one on a quick mechanical or solid state spare drive next time regarding your next fresh install.

Save you complete windows installer files in one of these spare hard drives and aim your motherboard to x y or z drive that is SATA technology and set it as you first boot device and then watch something regarding speed in installing windows or you Linux and even osx ;) I have being going this root for new installs for the last 10 years with no problem, thanks to wzor for that tip