Windows 10 store throttling

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by xteam, Sep 15, 2020.

1. xteam

xteam MDL Novice

Jun 23, 2015
    Hey guys,

I had a weird encounter today with microsoft store, i have an open speed plan from my ISP and what i usually get is 3.7Mbps which makes my download speed approx 380-450 kbps but today i was downloading from microsoft store whiteboard and i saw that my down speed was 3.6 mb/s i was truly amazed by it, now i took into consideration the option to download from other PC's from the network or internet but it was turned off, was it by any chance that microsoft store can bypass my ISP throttle?

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Would it be possible for you to use the correct/normal units and unit symbols, otherwise it is impossible to understand what you are talking about.
    And if you really don't know them, write an explanation what the symbols you use mean.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. xteam

xteam MDL Novice

Jun 23, 2015
    megabit per second and kilobits per seconds

4. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Mbps - ok, if this is Megabits per second
    kbps - and if this is kilobits per second, it's also ok,
    but what is mb/s / is it millibits per second (as usually)? If so then "down speed was 3.6 mb/s" is nonsence.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. xteam

xteam MDL Novice

Jun 23, 2015
    nevermind it seems that the store was showing my actual internet speed and not the download speed while downloading

6. scaramonga

scaramonga MDL Senior Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Factor in the s**t this crap is gathering, I'd say that's about right.