Windows 10 TP and DOSBox

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ionbasa, Feb 25, 2015.

1. ionbasa

ionbasa MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2010
    Anyone mind checking if DOSBox works on their installation of Windows 10 TP?

On my computer DOSBox 0.74 manages to load the console and then just crash, resulting in me needing to force close the program.

If anyone has managed to get DOSBox to work on the Technical Preview, could you please share how you managed to do so.

Thanks!

2. SpeedDream

SpeedDream MDL Addicted

Feb 20, 2012
    installed dosbox 0.74 seems to run, a bit too fast but that can be configured, i'm not really into this
    I'm using build 9926

3. ionbasa

ionbasa MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2010
    Interesting. I have a feeling the reason it is crashing on my system is due to the AMD graphics driver that was pushed through Windows Update a week ago.

This is what happens on my machine:
    I7kFS72.png

I've tried re-installing a few times as well. I guess, I may have to wait and see if AMD or Microsoft pushes a newer GPU driver update.

4. matt berry

matt berry MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2015
    I installed Dosbox 0.74 on the first build of Windows 10, and had no problems running Lords of the Realm. I unfortunately have not played it since upgrading to build 9926 though. Truthfully I haven't fired up build 9926 as much because I don't like the "new" start menu as much as previous builds.