windows 10 tp boot troubles???

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by winxuser, Oct 13, 2014.

1. winxuser

winxuser MDL Junior Member

Jun 19, 2011
    hey guys im having a strange problem trying to run windows 10 with my motherboard.. from the start, before I changed boards I had windows 10 running on a really old mcp61-hm (nettle2) board,,, was all fine everything worked.. changed to a better board m2n-sli, windows 7 runs well, but after the installation and bootscreen of windows 10, the setup screen does not show, its just a black screen with the cursor showing, now even if windows 10 is setup and running (using another board) it will boot to I think might be the login screen but just shows a black screen with cursor.

I don't have any clue on whats going on, maybe its a bad install but I have been tring to install it a lot to try to get it to work and im lost.

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    probably your cpu causes the problem if it is an AMD

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Check your BIOS Settings. And also the BIOS is the latest available! As you use an SLI MB, place the Graphic Card in the PCI-X Slot 1, which is blue, the 2. is black.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. winxuser

winxuser MDL Junior Member

Jun 19, 2011
    everything is in the right place as windows 7 is working,, I don't think its the cpu as it runs everything from windows xp-8.1 and runs Linux properly