Windows 10 Worth for Games ???

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by TeamOS, Aug 16, 2015.

1. TeamOS

TeamOS MDL Guru

May 27, 2013
    i want ask about Windows 10 and Games ...i mean if worth play games in windows 10????

2. oroku

oroku MDL Novice

Sep 11, 2011
    It depends on what your needs are. If you have just a couple games you routinely play and are casual, there's probably no need to upgrade right away. I mean if you're a techie person at heart and want to give it a try, go for it.

If you're concerned about privacy related stuff regarding the version, then yes, you will need to spend some time reading here to get everything to stop phoning home.

Overall, Windows 10 once its modified a bit, it runs just as fast as Windows 8.1 performance wise, maybe even slightly faster in games as well. The real performance increases will be seen in games that support and are developed for DX12. When Microsoft Releases their Augmented reality, that will also be another perk of running 10.

For me, Windows 10 is a stepping stone, I am hoping people, especially developers will make note of what's going on with Microsoft and overall technology these days and make Linux the main priority to develop for. I really don't wanna run the OS any more, I've only got 2 programs that are keeping me from running Xubuntu as my main.

3. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    I know people who are real excited about Windows 10, and X box games. I am really not concerned about the euphemism "phoning home." I am more than certain that this is the wave of the future, and there will be more and more as time goes on, until if we stop all of what I call communication with the servers we will have an OS that basically just boots up, and sits there unable to do anything. But, that is just my opinion.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. TeamOS

TeamOS MDL Guru

May 27, 2013
    i don't give sh1t about privacys sh1ts..or data stuffs i'm not concerd this now ....right now i need know if worths for gamers or go back in win 7 :D ...xd i have played so far Tomb Raider Game of the year ultra settings / CS:GO max settings even crysis 3 full settings all works perfect but i'm not master in which features etc is the diffrent windows 7 vs windows 8.1 vs windows 10 ...like perfomance?

5. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    It has to be better, it's newer, bells & whistles:D

Spyware=the sky is falling:tea:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. TeamOS

TeamOS MDL Guru

May 27, 2013
    hahaha :):):)

7. munky101

munky101 MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2010
    There is an article on maximumpc's website specifically about the performance difference's between win 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. It would be worth a read.

8. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
  9. Zeblade

Zeblade MDL Junior Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Yes Windows 10 is better for gaming... getting better. As for spying.. omg.. this falls in with Obama is the Antichrist.

10. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    10 isn't bad for playing older games that had slight problems on 8. The list above is the world of a PC, it's like this with everything, more of what the soft was made to run on, unless it's updated/ patched.

The thing that will stand out is when games have DX12. I do remember back when 8 was new and 7 was better gaming, everyone said just to wait for new drivers and updates then 8 would be better for gaming. LOL

11. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
  12. maddog0266

maddog0266 MDL Expert

Apr 26, 2011
    Windows 10 is great for games. To bad that M$ had to screw up in this build with Nvidia.
    The other build worked perfect with Nvidia but this build sucks with Nvidia.

13. fockoff

fockoff MDL Junior Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Just don't get played. :biggrin:

14. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    to play games, you have already a PS4.
    There isnt a noticeable difference between 7/8.x and 10. Even more, 10 is slower compared to them.
    Probably the only thing that could be 'better' is how 10 handle sli, and even that, if you dont have at least a couple of high-end card, you woudlnt notice anything.
    Now, if you got all your pirated games from torrents, well, m$ will know, m$ makes 'them' their job more easy.

Enjoy "your" DX12!

15. TeamOS

TeamOS MDL Guru

May 27, 2013
    #16 TeamOS, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
    (OP)
    hmmm if put pirate games in win 10 so what?? i have played crysis 3 / Tomb Raider Game of the Year / Batman A.K / Far Cry 3 / Watch Dogs in high settings/ultra settings ..i'm also think move on back win 7 for be sure ..:g::g::g:

16. jasutake

jasutake MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2015
    Ok everyone I am not a techie and don't understand all the jargon sometimes so I am looking for help here. I have upgraded to 10 from 7. I had to dump and reinstall 7 before I could upgraded to 10 due to having a corrupt or missing files and its been kind of a trail on my end, so I am coming to the experts. The Microsoft games solitaire, chess titans, hearts etc.. are no longer here and my hubby is beside himself with no hearts and chess titans. Anyone know where I can download it so I can at least pacify him? Any help would be appreciated.:worthy:

17. ebak

ebak MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2015
    Does anyone here have any experience with compatibility with older games? The listing in the Microsoft Compatibility website is incomplete. While I play a lot of new games, I also enjoy some classics like JA2 v1.13.

18. baldysmutt2837

baldysmutt2837 MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2016
    No I changed compatibility settings over and over again but they never work.What is annoying is combat flight simulator 1 works perfectly well on windows 10 but cfs 2 and cfs3 won't work at all.Nor does midtown madness 2.I would not throw them away because I added loads of extra files from various websites
    such as extra planes and cars for these games.Why microsoft don't come up with a solution no one knows.

19. z0d_aWP

z0d_aWP MDL Novice

Feb 3, 2016
    As long as the UWP sucks and DX12 houses it, Winblows X is waste. The start is hell, the OS is in Alpha state for 2 years and expect it the same and more dumbing of control panel and cutting off options further, I see no future with Widows 10 if this anti-power user continues. If Vulkan becomes big then M$ might consider some to backtrack, Unfortunately no game except DOOM does well with Vulkan.

Also this new API Vulkan /DX12 offer no significant benefit over the DX11 visually or even FPS, reducing the CPU overhead but this shiny new tech makes isheeple jump... who games on ultra with an i5 ?