Dynamic Windows 11 Setup TPM Bypass

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by AveYo, Sep 2, 2021.

1. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    added Quick 11 iso esd wim TPM patcher.cmd
    This one toggles installation type to Server (or back to Client if using undo parameter)
    directly on the iso / esd or wim file - so there's no mounting / dism, just powershell-based hex..
    it's defiantly quick ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    #82 Dark Dinosaur, Oct 31, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
    every time I think I saw everything, you come with new surprises :rasta:
    Holy s**t it was f%$ fast, even from my Car, Like 1 Sec. Boom. Done.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    #83 AveYo, Oct 31, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
    (OP)
    thanks ;)
    I've been toying with alternatives again for the past week, trying to make MediaCreationTool.bat more reliable for everybody,
    but also provide convenient solutions outside it, mainly for getting dev builds via windows update (for example after enrolling via OfflineInsiderEnroll by abbodi1406 - you still need to bypass the checks).
    That has been covered by Skip TPM Check on Dynamic Update script just fine, but I still did not like the fact I piggy-backed on vdsldr service to remove appraiserress.dll automatically,
    so went again to checking how I could bypass it by other means. So much funny s**t I come up with, like Appraiser_InboxAlternateData.cab as folder in sources\Panther, or registry altering the sdb.
    When I finally noticed IsServer next to TPM entries in compat file, could not believe how easy is to bypass everything with just a setupprep launch option (and I use those a lot in MediaCreationTool.bat)
    /blog

updated the last script to work as a toggle every time is run on certain file.
    since I'm a bit obsessed with hashes, this makes it easier for me to store iso's in original form, and only patch them when needed to run setup / burn, then revert them in-place, without wasting precious storage cycles ;)

edit:
    v1.1 fixed relative seek, should now work on all iso's

4. awuctl

awuctl MDL Member

Jun 6, 2020
    An awful lot of work for something GNU strings does in a second :confused:

5. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
  6. 20126688

20126688 MDL Novice

Sep 14, 2012
    Wow,Perfect job.
    But I can’t understand the code. Which files in the ISO have you changed?
    Simply amazing!

7. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    the xml image description at the end of install.wim or install.esd - it's printed by the script

8. 20126688

20126688 MDL Novice

Sep 14, 2012
    It's amazing, why can you directly modify install.wim/esd without decompressing the iso? Even more amazing is that it can restore the original sha1 value

9. Xtreme21

Xtreme21 MDL Addicted

Jun 21, 2021
    What! I just ran this against an ISO and didn't have time to blink! That's it - job done!? Unreal! :eek:

10. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Because,
    the image description is always saved uncompressed in the wim / esd,
    iso is ultimately a byte dump of files, does not compress them,
    bigger file gets written last to the iso,
    in the wim / esd what matters is just the very last image description (there can be many descriptions, each edition has one, and there can be previously modified sessions as well in there),
    so you just need to read backwards (otherwise it would take an eternity),
    and you have to know where to stop (seek something unique in the image description to filter out some other xml bits that happen to be part of other files)

Tho I have originally went the proper way after painful read of iso and wim specifications, determining offsets etc but turns out it can still be unreliable despite more work involved, and way harder to revert, so I've dropped it to simple determination.
    ISO will obviously fail file checksum for the image inside, but that's less relevant (virtual machines, rufus, windows image burning won't ever complain), what is important is that the image inside - wim or esd - passes integrity checks for the contained files (description is external to that).

11. Ussovak

Ussovak MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2017
    Could just use "rufus" and avoid all of this, at least on a clean install. Worked for me.

12. 20126688

20126688 MDL Novice

Sep 14, 2012
    Although I don’t fully understand, but I think you are a genius:eek:

13. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    How does rufus help with modding an 11 iso image for example that is intended for testing in virtual machines - specially if the host is windows 7 and using virtualbox v 5.x, a scenario where reg keys bypass do not work?
    How does rufus help even with 11 usb on really $&*#$ hardware where again, reg keys bypass do not work?
    How does rufus help with a modded iso with included updates & etc?
    How does rufus help with getting Enterprise edition?
    How does rufus help with getting the smallest download? It downloads the bloated wim, not the esd or uup dump, so it's literally gigabytes extra bandwidth
    How does rufus help with dual UEFI-BIOS booting? "Cheat-codes". Are you kidding me? Why is that not by default..
    How does rufus help with Windows 10 / 11 and SecureBoot? Ha-ha. It finally works, 3.17 versions later. It could have been supported early on, but dev was stubborn, people should remind him he abruptly denied years of requests.
    Have used rufus from time to time, but for Windows 10 it has always been inferior to microsoft provided MediaCreationTool, and by extension, to the universal scripted version I have been maintaining for years.
    But since microsoft have kinda gimped MCT in 11, and rufus is finally improving, I don't see any reason why you should not keep on using rufus if it works for you!

14. richwood

richwood MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2013
    Really appreciate these bits of wizardry.

15. Ussovak

Ussovak MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2017
    BAU - I think perhaps you really overanalyzed my statement.

You would have to ask the creator of "rufus" to find the answers to the questions you mentioned. I don't know why Rufus did this or that, or why the creator choose the colors they did, etc.

It worked for me. I created a Windows 11 Enterprise x64 edition simply by downloading the base and the correct SFV. Once combined, I then edited the EI.CFG and Product.ini file to match my desired version. Rufus was used to create a bootable ISO with TPM and Secure Boot bypass. Clean install. Nothing more.

Just one of the many ways. (You know, just like the topic says)

16. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Ussovak - I think perhaps you really used a blanket statement to dismiss all the solutions presented just because rufus fit your personal narrow use case.

17. Ussovak

Ussovak MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2017
    BAU - It’s kind of hilarious watching you try to fit your entire vocabulary into one sentence. Don’t get bitter, just get better.

18. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    After that amazing personality excreta, I've got nothing left but adding you to the ignore list.

19. vdbepz

vdbepz MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2020
    Are there any of the 7 files here that can be used in all cases?