Windows 11 so-called upgrade

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by 654321ROD, Oct 26, 2021.

1. 654321ROD

654321ROD MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2009
    I have just installed the latest Win 10 update and part of which is an Win 11 suitability app to verify my hardware will be able to run Win 11. It`s an easy guess my hardware is not good enough according to Microsoft.
    Are Microsoft in cahoots with Intel, MSI , AMD to ensure millions of PC desktops become obsolete. In my case my PC runs Win 10 Pro very competently using X64 and 16 Gb of RAM . Who the hell do these people think they are trying to bluff ? My system as used, will cope with Win 11 and any future Win version in the short term and reality is that I have no desire to a further top-up of the Microsoft profits.
    When support for Win 10 comes to a stop, I believe in four years time, I have got to say it I am going to seriously consider migration to another OS.

2. SAM-R

SAM-R MDL Guru

Mar 21, 2015
    You don't have a clue about Microsoft Profits. Clue It's NOT Windows.

3. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    Windows 10 LTSC 2019 is supported until 2029.

4. JLBENEDICT

JLBENEDICT MDL Junior Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of back behind the scenes "collusion" going on... it's happened time and time again.. and will continue to happen...

Also.. you don't think it's a coincidence that Windows 11 is "optimized" for upcoming Alder Lake.. but there were performance issues that surfaced for AMD Ryzen?

5. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    There are two ways to look at this:
    1) Evil intent by Micosoft to make Intel look better
    2) Incompetence

Take your pick.

6. Jessie Pinkman

Jessie Pinkman MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2016
    12yrs to comment crying about 11 dont use it then or install it if thats the case no point whinging about it

7. crypticus

crypticus MDL Senior Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Upgrading to windows 10 was free, upgrading to windows 11 is free. and windows 12 - 13 ... will be free too because windows is a service. you only have to buy once. so they don't force you to buy their software again and again and thats good. so it doesn't bother me how many times they update it. windows can be easly edited and configured so any bad choices they do, we can almost change everything. almost. and there are always 3rdparty apps there, sometimes they work even lighter and better than windows's functions. so i have no problem about evolving with windows updates. they have to make this product for everyone. its not yours so you can't complain about why they made it that way and not this way.

And they share ways to bypass the restrictions they make. so why everybody is crying about these restrictions? they shared ways ffs. if we would have to find a way to overcome and they weren't shared anything i would have understand. but thats not the case. Even the noobest newbiest person can find a article about ways of updating to windows 11 on the internet... and even if they don't want, it will be in front of their eyes thanks to everyone will be writing and talking about them.

8. XRT

XRT MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2009
    As far as I'm aware of all the CPUs on the not compatible list have the Spectre/Meltdown flaw which is hard coded.