Windows 2008 R2 on X3430 with Mobo S3420GPLC

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by blackcobra, Dec 27, 2009.

1. blackcobra

blackcobra MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2009
    My cousin is going to start up new firm.. may be 30 people gonna work in it.... he recenlty ordered 30 desktops and a Xeon X 3430 Server with S3420GPLC Mobo with 4 Gb DDR3 Ram and 1 Tb HDD for server.Still there is a month's time for its operational.

The company works on SQL server 2008 and .NET ....
    Now , the company has not yet started and I have some good time to play with Server , I mean Installing Server 2008 R2 and network etc etc.

Yesterday , I tried installing 2008 R2 (Enterprise) and was successful in it.. but when I open the taskmanager in CPU history usage only one CPU core is showing... and even I could not get the driver to install ( I am not doing any RAID stuff right now....as there is only 1 HDD now ) ....
    Is Installing on Server a different process...?

What are the drivers need to installation....and may be a stupid question How..? though I have installed stuff on Hundreds of desktops...but... with Servers this is the first time..

1)How to make it to use 4 cores ( X3430 is a quad Core).
    2)I tried installing Hyper V ...but the system is showing only one network card.... ( the mobo has 2 ) ...

2. h4x0r

h4x0r MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2009
    i have a solution with w7 french its similar:

open msconfig select case 2

and click advanced option

in number of cpu chose your cpu's number core

3. h4x0r

h4x0r MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2009
    2)I tried installing Hyper V ...but the system is showing only one network card.... ( the mobo has 2 ) ...

you have ilo2 you cant use it with hyper-v

4. h4x0r

h4x0r MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2009
    i have some problms with my r2 entreprise edition i haven(t a genuine key can you .....o_O