windows 3.1 greek upgrade to windows 95 alpha greek.

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by demis1159, Aug 8, 2012.

1. demis1159

demis1159 MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2012
    Could someone give me a-find windows 3.1 THE GREEK GREEK upgrade to windows 95 alpha ?

2. xchris

xchris MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2010
    upgrade to 3.1-GR for 95 (Greek) ?? I don't remember a such upgrade..

3. demis1159

demis1159 MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2012
    I always remember else like that in the system properties it said windows 95 Aplha was Greek and now you, if you do not remember what to say and a lot of years Therefore it is logical not to remember. Someone else who can help me Greek?

4. ccypruss000

ccypruss000 MDL Senior Member

Oct 20, 2017
  5. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #6 Yen, Sep 24, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    There was no w 95 alpha version.
    The release version and version for upgrade was windows 95 4.00.950.

All the following versions were OEM versions
    a,b and c

Windows 95a (not alpha) was w 95 OEM service release 1.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Quo Vadis

Quo Vadis MDL Junior Member

Sep 1, 2019

Codename Chicago
    (Only EN here)

Windows 95 Previous Versions

Chicago was the code name for the development of the popular Windows 3 generation,
    which is why the PC magazines also liked to speak of Windows 4.

Windows 95 as a name would not have been accurate, in early 1994, it was still from a release at the end of the same year.
    In fact, the publication date - as so often - shifted more often:
    In December 1992, the late summer of 1993 was targeted.
    In October 1993, the target shifted to the fall of 1994.
    At the beginning of 1994 it was called at the end of 1994.
    In July 1994 it was January 1995.
    In August 1994 had to be expected with the April 1995.
    In September 1994, they then spoke of Windows 95 with release in May 1995.
    Already in November 1994 it was June 1995.
    And finally, in December 1994, it was called August 1995. It also became in the US.
    The alpha version was performed until the official beta test from the first half of 1994 with several thousand testers.
    Chicago made a big splash in the fall of 1993 at Comdex, where Bill Gates presented a laptop that took advantage of the software's new plug and play capabilities. It was also not clear at this time whether the DOS 7, Windows 4, and Windows for Workgroups components should appear in a package.
    The beta test of Windows 95 started in early 1994, when the circle of testers significantly expanded, in total,
    Microsoft should have distributed 400,000 pre-release versions in the end, in the NT beta test, there were only 65,000 pre-release versions.
    Chicago Build 58s
    After Build 73g was considered to be one of the oldest versions of Chicago, an older build 58s from August 1993 eventually appeared.
    Therefore, I limit myself in this version only on the changes to 73g, so that detailed explanations are to be found in part below.
    Chicago Build 58s is a pure update for Windows 3.x, the setup can only be started on Windows.
    Since this version is still quite early, Chicago offers of itself to install it in a different directory than the previous Windows, since the probability of the shooting of Windows is quite high.
    If this is done, the computer has to be restarted and then it boots with a for Windows 3.x ratios colorful, spectacular boot screen, in which small Windows symbols to the words "dance".
    The first thing you see in Chicago is a warning that you can not expect too much, as Chicago is still in development.
    Because this is the case, two error analysis programs keep running in the background: Tracker and Dr. med. Watson.
    Of course, the desktop has little to do with Windows 95, it's more of a kind of program manager that you can not minimize.
    Instead of the taskbar is by default a folder! More on Build 73g (especially the Start menu).
    The "Explorer" is still called "File Cabinet". The function is basically the same as it is in Windows 95 later in the final product.
    Under the heading "Beta-Programs-the-never-re-emerged" is a program in the category "accessories" to call: The Musicbox.
    It's a simple CD playback, since Chicago does not recognize CD drives automatically, so I had to test it on Windows 95.
    When you quit Chicago you do not get a final image, just an indication that you can turn off the computer now.
    Windows NT sends its regards. The hint warns that you should not register any disk access anymore, before you really should do it.
    Chicago build 73g
    This age-old version of Chicago dates from a time when Windows 95 was to become Windows 4.0.
    We write the November 1993. For the installation there is no simple Windows 95 startup disk, as a functioning memory management by Himem.sys is needed.
    My choice fell on DOS 5 to take it ahead; DOS disappears without trace after the installation and is replaced by the files in the command directory of Chicago.
    Later Chicago versions work because trouble.
    After the installation, in which you can set almost nothing, Chicago starts after a reboot, by the way with the old sounds of Windows 3.1,
    because Brian Eno has not started to compose the Windows 95 start sound.
    If you know Windows 95 with its interface, the desktop looks familiar at first glance, at first glance ...
    But if you click on what you know as a start menu, it seems a bit strange, especially if you realize that there are three pieces of it.
    There are simply no programs in the Start menu, in the first menu is rather housed what you will find in Windows 3.1 in the "File menu" by the program manager. In the second menu there is a search function

8. Quo Vadis

Sep 1, 2019

Yen in my collection is even the Microsoft "S" of the 90s with which m$ have mastered all CD. At a later date I will upload the ISO and give you the checksum.

9. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    The oldest original win I still have is win 3.11 and I also have DOS 6.22 on floppy.
    I never had own w95 CD

Anyway there is no alpha versions as M$ spoke of 'milestones' before releasing a beta.
    The first 'w95' version that leaked was 58s.

10. Quo Vadis

Sep 1, 2019
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007

Cool!
    It belongs to Milestone 5