Windows 7 64-bit pre-installed

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by August59, Feb 7, 2011.

1. August59

August59 MDL Novice

Nov 27, 2009
    My son has Inspiron 1750 and the hd died. Received new drive from Dell and it appears to have entire Dell image with Win 7 64-bit plus the Dell Recovery partition already installed.

It has not been booted to yet, so I want to make a backup of drive for him in case something else goes wrong since it is now out of warranty. I thought about putting it in external enclosure and backing it up or should I create image?

2. fishoil

fishoil MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2011
    #2 fishoil, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
    If it has a place on Drive to make Recovery Disks...........Do That without fail.
    Also, Use Acronis True Image if possible, and make a backup of the Drive and save it to another Drive.
    Do Not Save To Same Drive :)
    I personally like to format my drive like that, because I don't like all those Bloatware programs they put on most drives. I like to install what I want, not what someone tries to push on me.
    Anyway Doing a Backup or an Image is about the same thing, just save to a seperate jumpdrive or drive. Hope this Helps, report back and let us know how it all came out. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. August59

August59 MDL Novice

Nov 27, 2009
    If it has Dell bloatware on it then it's getting formatted. I'm completely with you on that one! Thanks