Windows 7 64 installed on two drives NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by weberman, Aug 19, 2015.

1. weberman

weberman MDL Junior Member

Jun 4, 2010
    I have a Windows 7 64 computer that has Windows 7 installed on C: and it contains a windows.old file. I had Windows 10 installed on that drive and reverted back to 7 which screwed everything up. I also now have a Windows 7 installation (not genuine and not activated) that is partially working (I get a missing DLL file message when it boots) on the E drive and is now the boot drive.

Is there anyway I can get back to booting from the C: Drive and possibly restore the windows old file which has every thing intact.

This is related to another thread I have going about not being able to install Windows 7 on a 2 TB hard drive. I disconnected my boot drive on my main machine which is where I am having the above problems and Windows 7 was installed on the 2 TB hard drive. However when I reinstalled my original boot drive it was not bootable for some reason.

I hope this makes sense. I also learned a stupid lesson. I have an external 2 Tb USB3 MYBook for backup images but that has turned into a major problem, since when I try to use the Rescue Disk, it will not recognize the MyBook because special drivers are not present for USB 3. I am currently transferring the image on the my book to a blank drive on my computer.

I had an old backup on that drive that had problems and the one on the MyBook was done just before I upgraded to Win 10.

I tried to run the image backup but get an error message.

I know this is complicated and hope someone can understand it. Lately if I did'nt have bad luck I would have no luck at all.

Here is my disk layout

Attached Files:

2. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    I may not be understanding your situation correctly, so take this advice with a gran of salt:

Disconnect all other drives, leave only the Win7 drive connected. Boot from the W7 installation DVD and do a "boot repair". Good luck!

3. weberman

weberman MDL Junior Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Thanks, I tried that and would not work, so I just gave up and formatted the second drive and am starting from scratch.

This post was related to a thread about not being able to install Window 7 on a 2 TB Hard Drive which was solved. It has something to do with a UEFI Bios. because I installed Window 7 on a Non UEFI 2 Tb hard drive.

Thanks

WEB

All my problems started with a Windows 10 upgrade. :eek: