Windows 7 Activation & BIOS fix

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TheCowGuyVapes, Dec 17, 2018.

1. TheCowGuyVapes

TheCowGuyVapes MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2018
    First of all, I want to say I'm new here and I'm glad I'm here. I've been to other tech like forums like Tom's Hardware seeking for professional help and don't receive anything but a slap to the face or you get that poster that doesn't know what they're talking about but after the extra post count for the day.

Anyway...

Guys, I have 2 problems. The first problem is that Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit won't active using Daz's Windows Loader v2.2. I've tried 2 different version of KMSPico that I found off the internet way back then and saved to my Google Drive... Also I remember the one activator that did work look like it had a 50 boxes of brands that you could click on and a simple "activate" button somewhere if I recall correctly. If anyone has any specific instructions for me, here's the genuine error message on my desktop and my PC properties.

Windows edition
    .......Windows 7 Ultimate
    .......Copyright yaddy-yadda
    .......Service Pack 1

System
    .......Raiting.......5.9
    .......Processor.......AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core 4.33 GHz
    .......Installed Memory (RAM).......16.0 GB (7.95GB usable)
    .......System type.......64-Bit Operating System

Computer
    .......Not important!

Windows Activation
    .......Product ID.......00426-OEM-5992662-00173

Windows 7
    Build 7601
    The copy of Windows is not genuine.

Also the second issue I have (you can see this on the first screenshot I sent btw) my RAM shows 16GB available but only 8GB (7.95GB) is usable. I've had this issue on Windows 10 as well where it would do the same thing only at worse margins. I had 16GB available but only 4GB usable (3.95GB). Surprisingly enough, since the downgrade to W7 Ultimate, I have more access to RAM which is f-cking unbelievable to be honest. I'm quite happy with that. Windows 10 is bottlenecking my PC with values of up 85% on memory usage. And that included having Pandora and 2-3 tabs of Firefox open and maybe Runescape.

In any case, I've tried a few things via CMD prompt that I found off the internet that seemed relevant to the issue. I'm not surprised to say nothing really worked. And I'm not so sure it's failure of hardware or anything. My friend gave me 4x4GB RAM (G.Skill Sniper) that were boxed up after he was done with them, and they're basically new. Even in ASUS latest BIOS update version (which I have btw), shows that it can detect the speeds/frequency of all 4 slots, THEY are available and usable, but the PC just won't use em'.

I want to play games on my PC but not at the cost of memory lag. The hardware I currently have is a bit outdated and I know the Mobo is known for its many issues and compatibilty/etc. But as it stands, I was once able to experience a great gaming experience with this rig, and somewhere down the line I messed up and now... :/ I don't know anymore mates.

Anyway, Priority being the activation of Windows 7 Ultimate 64, I'd like some professional assistance from you guys. I'm not really tech savvy when it comes windows activation processes or CMD prompt/etc. So it'd be helpful if you could it down to where even a 5 year old can do it after learning how to read English.

Thank you friends!

2. jesuislibre

jesuislibre MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2018
    Not surprised you didn't get any answer from tom's hardware site as the tools you mentionned for activation are illegal and there they deal with only legal stuff.

3. TheCowGuyVapes

Dec 7, 2018
    I only asked them about the ram issue. I know windows activation is illegal unless I purchase a legal copy. And I'd never bring up that matter on any site unless the site itself is offering methods to those solutions (I am a smart guy).

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    1. KMSpico (no KMS solution for that matter) never will be able to activate Win 7 Ultimate.
    2. What error message did the loader show? (only download it from here: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-loader-download.58464/ )
    3. Please run the QT tool from here (and post the saved report here in code tags): https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/multi-oem-retail-project-mrp-mk3.71555/#post-1283849
    4. Also post the result of a MGADIAG test: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-loader-support-and-chat.24902/

5. jesuislibre

jesuislibre MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2018
    Regarding the ram, i think a bios update should solve the problem.
    Make sure the last bios version is installed on the machine.

Regarding the activation, i think you probably installed win7 in UEFi and if i'm correct, daz is not capable of emulating bios using GPT disk so you should reinstall win7 by disbaling UEFI in the bios then use daz or you can choose to install win7 pro in UEFI and you wil be able to use kms tools this way.

6. TheCowGuyVapes

Dec 7, 2018
    I understand, but I'd rather stick with my current version of Windows 7 Ultimate. It worked before and was activated before in the past. So I'm going to stick with my copy. Especially since after one of the 176 updates w7 picked up last night, I probably downloaded KB ending in 1033 I think is the one you're not supposed to get...

In any case, I've gotten most of my stuff transferred back over to my HDD. I really don't want to redo it again. My HDD is probably on the same path as the old 1TB HDD that I corrupted re-installing W7, W8.1, and W10 various times for all the right reasons (same performance issues occurring now).

Also, I already have the latest BIOS update. But If I need to re-install it again, I guess I will do that. I surfed the UEFI BIOS configs after the update and nothing was different. Not even the GPU overrides appeared which allows you to configure the GPU and in most cases the RAM as well.

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    I asked to run the QT from the MRP thread, not the MRP project itself.

8. jesuislibre

jesuislibre MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2018
    if you want to stick with win7 ultimate, reinstall it in csm/legacy bios by disabling uefi as i told you and you will be able to uze daz for the activation after that.

Regarding the ram, i would be curious to see the quantity of ram that displays with just one ram. Maybe one of the rams is dead so connect both of the rams one by one and the see the ram quantity that displays.

9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    The report seems to show the culprit?

The loader installed (=emulated?)
    It's a LegacyBIOS/MBR install.

Did you, by any chance, get a key from someone here?

10. TheCowGuyVapes

Dec 7, 2018
    I've troubleshooted all 4 sticks individually using each socket combination. 1 | 2 | 3 | 4, 1 | 3, 2 | 4, etc... No results. Also every diagnostic tool I run into shows that all 4 ram sticks are running at 1333mhz which is default for the cards. I've tried bumping them 1.6k but that didn't show any results, also tried up-ing voltage by .5, etc. Nothing my friend. I don't want to re-troubleshoot those as I have work to do on my computer and doing that troubleshoot process is like a 2-4 hour process minimum and I don't want to really waste any time.

Troubleshooting Windows using software is my better equivalent. And after Windows is activated, I'll re-touch up on BIOS.

11. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    Would've been good to mention the model of your motherboard. It could help identifying your ram issue.

"Sticking" to a specific edition of your OS won't solve your problems. Your best choice would be to install either Professional or Enterprise, as they are KMS activation capable and don't depend on legacy/uefi mode in the bios.

For the updates, use simplix's update pack.

Edit: Oops... timing...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    The install is MBR:
    Code:
    Partition Type             : MBR
    The motherboard is:
    Code:
    Manufacturer               : ASUSTeK
    Product                    : SABERTOOTH 990FX
    Serial Number              : 111624470000874
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-7-activation-bios-fix.78593/#post-1491245

13. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    ^ Yup, I posted right after the "additional posts" notification. That's why I edited.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. TheCowGuyVapes

Dec 7, 2018
    No, what I used before to Activate windows 7 prior to updating 176 updates from windows update; Was the KMS Pico client which had my Windows Activated just fine until those updates were installed last night. I didn't input any keys manually otherwise, didn't use a 3rd-party source/generator besides programs download from this forum (even before this thread was created), and I didn't talk to anyone personally for OEM keys/etc.

If activation is failing, I don't know why. It worked before, should work now. If it isn't, then I need some help on it.

15. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Again, NO KMS solution can ever activate Windows 7 Ultimate.

Did you use a homebrew iso from a release group? Or a clean MSDN iso?

16. jesuislibre

jesuislibre MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2018
    #18 jesuislibre, Dec 17, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    when you use daz for the activation, do you get any error message ?
    if so, tell me the exact error message that appears.

Another thing, when you installed this copy of win7 ultimate, did you do a clean install by erasing all existing partitions or you reinstalled it on the old existing windows partition ?

17. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009