Windows 7 Activation Issues

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by abdulhasnat, Nov 20, 2014.

1. abdulhasnat

abdulhasnat MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2014
    Hi Everyone,

I am having problems activating windows 7 Pro. I have reimaged a Fujitsu Lifebook A Series A544. We have bought 20 of these laptops. I have extracted the OEM certificate and product key using SLIC Toolkit. In the past I have successfully imported the OEM certificate and activated windows without a problem on HP laptops. I have used the following command, run as administrator in command prompt:
    Slmgr –ilc c:\FUJ_V2.1_Cert.xrm.ms

This comes back with the following message: “On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition, run ‘slui.exe 0x2a 0xBBA’ to display the error text. Error: 0xBBA.

I have looked up the error on the internet but not much help. Some people are saying to update the bios with the SLIC table (don’t really know how to do this). Some people have used the Slmgr.vbs –ilc c:\FUJ_V2.1_Cert.xrm.ms, when I use this it gives me back the same error message as above.

I hope someone can assist.

Thanks in advance.

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Can you please post an MGADIAG report?

3. abdulhasnat

abdulhasnat MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2014
    Sorry I'm a bit of a novice, what do you mean by MGADIAG report?

4. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    Did you install the OEM serial before trying to active?

5. abdulhasnat

abdulhasnat MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2014
    Is the OEM serial and OEM Cert the same?

I have tried importing the OEM Cert but comes up with the above error.

6. abdulhasnat

abdulhasnat MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2014
    Thanks for that I will try it...

7. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    Without a proper oem-slp certificate installed, it wouldn't matter.

You need to install the certificate before the serial, so the cert problem needs to be resolved. Keep working on that mgadiag report.

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #9 Yen, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. CaptainKirk1966

Oct 31, 2009
    #10 CaptainKirk1966, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    That is correct. The order does not matter, as long as you can manage to get both installed.:yes:

Edit - Your cert filename spelling error looks reasonable also

Code:
    C:\Windows\System32>cscript slmgr.vbs -ilc foobar.xrm.ms
    Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.8
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition, run 'slui.exe 0x2a 0xBBA' to display the error text.
    Error: 0xBBA

10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Yeh, saw the error at first sight...have a good eye on such things coming from hex-editing BIOS stuff and comparing smali'ed Android apk's....:)
    Thanks for confirming it by yourself with your example, I didn't do it myself since I am at work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. eddie888

eddie888 MDL Novice

Apr 29, 2012
    My friend has Dell laptop with original Win7 key on sticker on the back of the laptop.
    Subsequently, a computer tech installed a pirated Windows 7 (Cyber7 x32), not sure whether it is HP, Pro or Ult.
    Is there any way to repair the OS without loosing anything and use the original license. Thanks so much for your help.

12. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I don't think so!

That Cyber 7 x32 is nothing just an 'Frankenbuild' which is modified and therefore not in original stage. That it although maybe contains some dangerous content, is an other 'game'!

Fact is, for that, if you like to use the Product Key of Dell as on the Sticker, you'll need the Dell OEM Version of Windows 7 which you may could get as an Copy from an local Dell Dealer or so. On the W7 Sticker the Version is described and that's the one you'll need to get.

An other way would be to use one of the modded BIOS'es for that Laptop, you may could find on the BIOS Section of MDL, for to install and 'legalize' an other Windows 7 Version, let say Ultimate or so.

Hope that answers your question.

13. CaptainKirk1966

Oct 31, 2009
  14. alicepattinson

alicepattinson MDL Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Please kindly send LOG or MGADIAG report.

15. eddie888

eddie888 MDL Novice

Apr 29, 2012
    @pisthai @CaptainKirk @alicepattinson
    Thank you very much for your replies.
    Actually the reason my friend asked me to take a look is because it now shows up as non genuine windows.

I checked with the SLIC_Toolkit and it shows that a Slic 2.1 is present, so I tried installing a certificate and key using Opatool on the Cyber7 installation, but that did not work.

I think I will install original Win7 Ultimate, and use Opatool to activate. I'm hoping that would work without Daz Loader or Bios Mod since it already has Slic2.1. Would you agree?
    I will post back next week when I get his laptop.

(Which driver backup program would you recommend? I've been using Driver Magician and Double Driver in the past with limited success?).
    Thank you

16. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    As long as you use an Frankenbuild, what the Cyber7 is(!!), you may face a lot problems which could hardly be solved.

I would suggest that you ask for an new BIOS Mod, install that correctly and use the appropriate OS Version. The install SLIC is for a Starter Version only and will may not work with any other (AFAIK)!

I had modified an Acer One Netbook of an friend and was need to do an BIOS Mod as well because the existing SLIC worked with Home Basic only as max.! That machine is running for more than 3 years now with Ultimate without an single activation problem! It simply up to you (or your Friend) what to do but didn't expect any help as long as you use 'Frankenbuild" OS'es!

17. CaptainKirk1966

Oct 31, 2009
    #18 CaptainKirk1966, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
    Wrong. There is no special slic for Starter edition. A version 2.1 slic works for any edition of Windows 7. If OP installs clean, and the Slic 2.1 is still present, he can activate by using proper certificate + serial.

It seems highly unlikely that a Dell laptop with a Windows 7 sticker would need a bios mod to reinstall Windows 7.

@eddie888: You could use either Opatool or Daz loader after reinstalling. If you already have a slic 2.1 provided by bios, Daz's installation app will install just the cert+serial, much the same as Opatool. If the slic table disappears when you reinstall clean, then it may be time to look for a bios mod.

18. CaptainKirk1966

Oct 31, 2009
    Yes, an mgadiag report would be fun to look at, before starting the reinstall process.

19. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Didn't you read my experiences with the Acer One?!

If the laptop has an Windows 7 Sticker, You'll need the version described on that sticker, if Starter you've to use Starter, if Home Basic you've to use Home Basic and so on! and you even need the OEM Version! If any other version, an BIOS Mod and/or Cert change etc. is required.

Anyway it's up to the user what to do and how.