Windows 7 activation - Key issues.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Enigmatixz, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Enigmatixz

Enigmatixz MDL Novice

Jan 13, 2010
    Hi

I downloaded a retail copy for windows 7 ultimate x64 from msdn site a while back.

Been using it happily. then today i get windows is not genuine message.

For some reason the key is no longer valid :(

I tried the OEM keys listed in the forum stickes.. none work :(

I got a dell laptop. I remember on vista or previous version of windows the OEM key worked on every machine i installed the windows on.

whats going on here :(

2. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    For some reason they blocked your key from working. Here is what you must do. You must either upgrade your bios from slic 2.0 to slic 2.1 then insert the key and cert(I can help you with that if you want) or you have to use a loader like the Daz loader. You can also use tools like chew7 which modify your system files or IR4 which keeps your computer in constant trial mode(Requires Maintenance every 4 months though). The reason the OEM keys don't work anymore is because you need the slic 2.1 and the cert. With Vista it was slic 2.0 which is why it worked back then lol. I hope this clears things up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Enigmatixz

Enigmatixz MDL Novice

Jan 13, 2010
    Yes please help ... i have a custom made desktop pc too.. will i need to do the 2.1 bios thing with that too..i dont wanna ruin my machine.. but sure please help.

4. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Well...using a loader or hack is safer when it comes to your hardware aspect but if you like I can mod it for you. Ok here is what I need to know though:

1. a link to the original bios from your manufacture
    2. the bios type(AMI, AWARD, PHOENIX)
    3. the motherboard manufacture to add the appropriate slic.

After those are met I can most likely help you out dude. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    Have you at least read his suggestions? the choice you make is up to you
    Start with reading the stickies, this will give you the required knowledge to proceed, whatever choice you make

6. jabberwocky

jabberwocky MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
    looks like we have a spammer ????

7. CassieT

CassieT MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2010
    I had the same issue, it has nothing to do with your computer. I found out that this is happening with windows 7 because a highly experienced hacker got into the microsoft windows database and pissed around, he didnt get charged and microsoft ended up hiring him. anybody who wants the drive to fix this problem you can send me a private message asking me for my e-mail address, and I can try e-mailing the driver to make your version of windows genuine, I got the thing to fix it from a computer engineer that used to work for microsoft, so ya just e-mail me telling me u want it and I will try to e-mail the stuff to fix the isssue

8. herc2k

herc2k MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2010
    2.1 MODDED bioS PLZ
    Manufacturer: ASUS
    Model: P5QL-CM
    BIOS Type: AMÄ°
    BIOS Link: http: //rapidshare.com/files/414523056/P5QL-CM-0804.zip.html
    THANX

9. sunnyo_ola

sunnyo_ola MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009
    please kindly help me
    i tried to send private message to you but it was not going.
    I have the same problem kindly help me

10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Don't believe everything you read.
    simple fact is Enigmatixz key was probably blacklisted.

11. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    Have you smoked your socks or something like that??? :D :D It was no hacker, MS blacklisted thousands of misused MSDN/Technet licenses from accounts that was used to sell product keys, publish them on the internet etc. I can bet pretty much money on that the OP do NOT have a legit MSDN account. If he had, he could have used one of the 10 other keys to Ultimate. If he had a MSDN account, I bet he sold some keys, gave them away, got them on the internet or something like that, and the MSDN account was closed. Or he never had an MSDN account, and got a key from somebody that also gave keys to lots of other, and the account was closed.

So good luck trying to fix this.

12. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    They've been tackling the Chinese Pirated DVDs sold all over the world from websites with MSDN keys. See dhgate dot com slash windows 7 to see the variety of fake DVDs being peddled - all versions, all install methods such as system builder OEM, upgrade, "retail" and so on.

Almost every version of 7 on Ebay is now fake.