windows 7 activation / problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by zerosignalfactor, Oct 31, 2009.

1. zerosignalfactor

zerosignalfactor MDL Novice

Oct 31, 2009
    if i do this, "Windows 7 activation & loader" on my dell, does it mean it will always be activated or if i update oneday it will remove the activation? and also a important question, if i do it will it wipe my vista key thing thats saved on my motherboard? incase i ever had to go back vista?

also i have a siberia steelseries usb headset, when i install the drivers it installs ok but when i double click the icon it freezes computer, i have friends with windows 7/ same headset and they dont have this problem, any idea?

2. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    I would wait to use RemoveWAT. Hazar is working on fixing the nag screens. If you install 1.8 you will get nags again like your software is pirated exactly 180 minutes after bootup.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zerosignalfactor

Oct 31, 2009
    will i lose my windows vista key that is saved to my motherboard?

4. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    You shouldn't dude. I did not know keys could be bound to motherboards. I really do not know for sure what would happen though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. zerosignalfactor

Oct 31, 2009
    well i mean my dell that came with vista, i dont have the key because its saved on motherboard or something since oem. didnt know if loader would wipe that.

6. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    #6 Rosco, Nov 1, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
    I thought the key was supposed to be on a sticker attached to the computer? - I could be wrong with recent Dells but the last Dell my partner bought years ago had the XP key on it.

No, a loader will not change your hardware - It simply provides an SLIC table for Windows to check for OEM activation.

I upgraded an older - 2005 model - Dell Desktop for a friend and various loaders and pre-activated DVDs worked on it.

Can't vouch for newer Dells.

7. zerosignalfactor

Oct 31, 2009
    theres a sticker on the back but the middle of it was cut off, bought used. i dunno if its saved on motherboard/bios or w/e just when i format it doesnt require a serial and it activates with no trial, was just worried it would wipe that.

i was thinking a loader would embed the dell master key in bios just like a whatever is on my bios now. im lost sorry and sorry to confuse you guys.