Windows 7 Activitation Keep Failing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Hakan, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Hakan

Hakan MDL Novice

Dec 24, 2009
    Hi All,
    i have Advent 5421 and i have untouched windows 7 ultimate i get no problems whe installing but i just cant activate windows using loaders,
    i have tryed the folloving loaders

Windows.7.Activator-HAZAR
    Windows 7 Loader 1.7.7 Repack - Daz
    7Loader By Orbit30 & Hazar v1.2
    7Loader By Orbit30 & Hazar v1.5

Doesnt metter what option i choose it shows that its succesfully installed but after reboot its still shoving that i have 30 days remaining and sometimes machine wont boot at all so i m keep installing windows 7 again again and again...

i have folloving partition on machine
    Partition 1 recovery (which is vista 9.3gb)
    Unallocated space 1.5gb
    Partition 2 (this is where i installed windows 7)

During the installetion i dont type any activitation codes also unchecking activate online

Before installing the loaders i also turned off the UAC

I just dont know what else to try or what i m doing wrong?
    Please help
    Many Thanks for your time

2. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
  3. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    @ Alfa
    One tiny issue with that. The installation of the loader from whats been said appears fine, and while the other loader installers use an older loader version of the GRLDR I'm using version 0.97 R3 which is slightly tweaked compared to whats being used by others. So what I'm saying is is that if it doesn't work via the newest version non of the previous created by zsmin should work either.

I actually haven't seen zsmin in a little while now, every time I sign in to talk hes not been around.

@ Hakan
    From what I have said above that kind of spells "doomed", but saying that your setup is a little odd. 1.5GB wasted and your Vista drive thats labelled "recovery"? Normally it's recovery OEM partitions that interior with loaders. In this case I suggest you look at a different activation solution such as a BIOS mod, RemoveWAT or ChewWGA.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009

Daz your loader refuses to work on my machine. HotCarl's does. so please explain how your newer one decides if the others will fail?

5. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Your machine likely is modified in one way or another, maybe you play around with services or settings. I stick with the standard and expect a half decent setup. By design I have it refuse to install on any machine that has been tampered with. I mean lets face it, slmgr.vbs and any activation services should be enabled by default on 99% of users systems so having any kind of alternative in that area for me is useless, I don't want to force installation on systems that could have had other files modified. Why? well what if activation fails because its had some DLL's tampered with and then the user comes back saying the loader doesn't work. It makes debugging something 10x harder when it wouldn't even be my problem, it would be the users setup.

I believe I did say in my thread a while back that I don't agree with some of the things people are trying to make loaders do now. It's not so much which loader does what but for example Carl's forces installation and trys alternative routes where as I pick to just say "no" and refuse installation. In my personal opinion as a developer it shouldn't be up to me to workaround a users personal setup issues which can then lead to false loader activation results if forced.

With the amount of installations and feedback I have had I think it's safe to say my method works too. Nobody with a fresh clean setup has ever reported an installation failure, simply put because it won't ever fail because everythings there and as it should be.

So I'm saying its not that it's right out failing, it's that I'm deliberately having it bail out if something doesn't match up somewhere during installation. So it's not an error, its a feature ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    Carl's loader works on my machine (both applications REQUIRE the same services and files)

so please tell me how his loader works without blaming it on a per-user setting? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #7 Daz, Dec 25, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
    I just did. Carls using alternative routes, thats his decision to do as a developer. I however have a totally different view on it and refuse to force installation if anything is off.

I can say with 100% accuracy that if you format and run my loader it will install without fault (as it does with pretty much every users system, thus why I have little to no complaints from anyone with a standard setup). That means something on your system right now has clearly been changed and so I have it bail out of install. So thats not an excuse or placing the blame, I'm telling you I have it do that choice by feature so that debugging is easier and no failed activation faults can be blamed on the loader itself.

And yes I know, the alternative forced way Carl supports on some faults can work on some systems as it does yours but I stay away from it due to the other changes that may have been made on some users systems (modified DLL's etc.).

Besides I don't know why you are bringing this up here, the OP says installation went fine under all modes but the loader failed to activate the system. The keyword is loader, which every single person is using the same version of but me.

8. aylafan

aylafan MDL Novice

Jul 8, 2008
    I think it is either the user's error or a bad tampered copy of Windows 7 Ultimate. There is no need to argue over this. Both Daz's and Carl's loader worked fine for me on 2 different computers. Also, I have never heard of an Advent 5421 laptop until tonight. Maybe, there is a custom bios that they use?

9. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    #9 PAYMYRENT, Dec 25, 2009
    ok so you just went back to the per-user setting by saying something on my machine is messed up or i changed something. i have the standard windows installation. 100mb partition and then a 74 gb partition then i have a 160gb hdd. all the files are there 'slmgr.vbs'. sppsvc is on and set to automatic (delayed start) as it should be. i have never used RemoveWAT or ChewWGA.

so once again tell me why without blaming it on my settings or my setup why the older version of grldr works but your r3 version doesnt?

EDIT:

Daz if you knew how Carl's loader worked you would see it doesnt force installation. it tries twice. if it cant install the second time it stops and tells the user something is wrong.

10. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #10 Daz, Dec 25, 2009
    If the loader installs which you didn't say it does, just that it "refuses to work" it may be because some of the modes were switched around. Remember now I keep previous versions of the loader which I think are good releases uploaded so I'm not saying people should just use 1 version. Heck allot of people stuck with my 1.5.5 release since that was pretty much fail proof when it come to loader selection.

Does activation on R3 fail under all modes? Can you get a debug output to show its failure?

It's not that I don't believe you, it's just that your saying the loader version is failing and nobody else has reported that it fails. Although I think there may be a slight fault with null padding that some systems don't like, that depends on if 1.7.6 worked for you.

But I know it doesn't force, but I mean it trys alternative methods where as if the first method fails on my application then I have it stop as 99% of the time it will be a fault/modification made to the system. So if slmgr.vbs is not found then theres a good chance other system files have been tampered with, this is why I don't support an alternative backup method of installation which is what im calling "forced".

11. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    the loader installs but i get that stupid little blinking thing in the top corner :eek: all modes failed then i use the default on Carl's and it works.

i know for a fact i have the proper settings or my key-cert-branding app wouldnt work when testing it. bootmgr is the original. i have nothing else on the hidden partition i just couldnt figure out why yours stopped working with the r3 but the ones before that did.... the machine in question is 2 years old. and im on win7ultimate. i have no problems at all within the os. it has all the updates from wu.

12. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #12 Daz, Dec 25, 2009
    My guess is because on versions before that I used spaces to pad where as on 1.7.7 I used nulls. You may be able to install 1.7.7 and strip the nulls, although I'm not sure where the start point of the padding is since im on the laptop and half asleep :eek: It would explain why all modes now fail, I would question it it even gives you access to the GRUB 4 DOS menu at the moment if you were to test.

13. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    #13 PAYMYRENT, Dec 25, 2009
    its all good i actually need to find a good working loader for when my new mobo comes... :p

and when i push the r (i think thats the button still) button nothing happens at all :( i then i have to get the good old win 7 dvd out and run the startup repair stuff

14. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Yep, sounds like a padding issue. Most machines accept it but like an executable some machines think it's corrupt and refuse it. So I think for 1.7.8 I will put it out with spaces again, they seem more reliable and it doesn't make a whole lot of difference anyway :p

15. Hakan

Hakan MDL Novice

Dec 24, 2009

Thanks for your reply guys,

@ Daz
    I removed that 1.5GB Partition so now i have 9.3GB which is Vista recovery installed by manufacture i left this there just incase if i cant activate windows 7 so i can go back to original vista, but if that could be the problem i can get rid of if then i'll have only 1 partition 142GB for vindows 7

do you think is that what i need to do?
    And is there any instractions that i can follow about BIOS mod, RemoveWAT or ChewWGA.

Thanks again for your help

16. Hakan

Hakan MDL Novice

Dec 24, 2009
    After deleting all partitions on hdd leaving only 1 for installing windows 7, and after installing the windows 7 it activated straight away!

Thanks

17. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Anyone has tried 7 Loader eXtreme Edition 3 (SAFE)?

It is quite good and has advanced options. Also, no reboot is needed after installing the loader.