Windows 7 after upgrade to w10 dont receive updates

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by venioni, Jul 22, 2015.

1. venioni

venioni MDL Senior Member

Mar 28, 2014
    After upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 i reinstall windows 7 and i see i cant receive any more updates for w7

my windows 7 updates stuck 1.JPG i make install w7 pro and ultimate versions but i have the same

proplem after upgrade my pc with clear install w7 not receive updates.Is this the cost of free windows 10...?:mad:

the iso who i use is the same who use all the time who makes clear install w7 and is originall.Have someone else the
    same proplem with me?:g:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    If you have done a clean install of W7 there will be dozens (if not hundreds) of updates to download. The last time I did a clean install it took something like 10-15 minutes to detect all of them. Have you tried waiting that long? If not, try it. I think you'll find they are really there. No "update penalty" that I am aware of.

3. venioni

Mar 28, 2014
    Yes all the day i live and nothing happed i think MS dont leave to take other update for w7 because i upgrade to w10.i'll try all the trouble tools for this proplem with updates but nothing happed on windows 10 receive the update but on windows 7 no and i install with clear install w7 pro and ultimate but nothing no updates receives. now i try to install w7 enterprise version to see if i take the updates.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Just curious: Did you upgrade from 7 to 10 using WU and while reinstall 7 use the same Product Key?

5. TeamOS

TeamOS MDL Guru

May 27, 2013
    restart your WU from services.msc and delete C:\SoftwareDistribution folder

6. venioni

Mar 28, 2014
    I upgrade windows 7 pro via windows 10 en-us iso after upgrade all its ok and activaton is done but when i install with clean install w7 pro or ultimate

with original iso w7 i dont receive updates just stuck the updates and looking for update i try all the trouble tools for this update proplem but nothing

happed never before i had proplem with w7 update just now after the upgrade i dont know what happed and i cant receive any more..:confused:

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    The reason I asked were, nobody really know at the moment how the Upgrades from old OS'es and related activations will be handled! As MS has make it clear several times that the 'old' Product Key could not be used anymore for to activate that old OS'es again, MS will still move the Product's from the old OS'es database to the new of Windows 10 and that action would prevent the old OS'es from be activated again with the old key's. It could also be possible, that MS will keep the Hardware ID of the used machine too!

So, I ask again: Had you used an original Product Key for to activate Windows 7 by that installed OS BEFORE you upgraded to Windows 10? Or on what way the old W7 were activated? Also: are you used an MSA while upgrading?

8. venioni

Mar 28, 2014

I upgrade my w7 pro with original OEM SLP key and upgrade via iso en-us w10 and activated with out MSA but when i reinstall w7 i see updates to stuck

looking for updates only

9. guanellaluigi

guanellaluigi MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2008
    Disable the "Windows Management Instrumentation" service, reboot and wait up to an hour.
    It happened to me last week and it has nothing to do with W10.
    Simply the WU service chokes on the sheer number of updates to sort out (there are about 200, hoping you are starting from a W7SP1 DVD)
    Also there is a bad interaction between WMI and WU.
    As far as I can tell, WMI can be re-enabled after the updates took place.