windows 7 aio toolkit

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by madrik79, Oct 27, 2011.

1. madrik79

madrik79 MDL Novice

May 23, 2011
    Hi Guys

I have a noob question??

I have sucessfully created an windows xp multi oem disc and also a windows 7 aio multi oem disc

my question is will the windows 7 aio toolkit work to create the same as win7 aio?, will the win 7 certs work with vista??

If so do i just need to rename the vista iso's to the win 7 iso's neededby the toolkit?
    If not could you geniuses help me to create a vista multi oem aio disc

the reason i want this is because i have just started my own computer repair company and i only have a retail version of vista and would like to use just one disc to install oem copies

thanks in advance

Rich

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Veder

Veder MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2011
    Hey man

Just wondering, you have a Multi OEM of Xp and 7 and now you want Vista ??
    From a quick search I did on the forums it dont seem like any one has bothered buildin a Vista Multi OEM prob because its a sh*t OS ha ha
    Ill keep a look out if I spot anything I will update the thread.

Best of luck with the computer repair company all the same !!

Ru

3. madrik79

madrik79 MDL Novice

May 23, 2011
    hey veder,

the reason i want vista too is some of the machines i get are oem machines and i read somewhere that these can only be sold if they have the correct os installed i might be wrong

thanks anyway veder

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Sabresite

Sabresite MDL Member

Nov 7, 2007
    When you sell a computer (I assume second-hand in your case), you have a choice: Put the operating system that came with it and use an SLP key. Put the operating system that came with it and use the COA label key (the one on the sticker). Or put an operating system on that you own and are willing to sell with it. That is of course if you want to sell a computer legit. Most people don't [care].

As for an AiO, most people now create a basic AiO, and then slip Daz's Windows Loader as an automatic install using unattended techniques.

5. Veder

Veder MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2011
    Daz loaders if he is using it for a personal business could have bad implications though, unofficial windows when they are paying to fix it with the original windows i know most wouldnt know but if the loader went out of date and it was questioned. just a first thought
    Multi OEM will be very usefull though, could even package the software to run the entire install alone with preload anti virus open office etc saves so much time
    I was doing something similar before easy when you do it like this just play games and let windows do it lenghtly install.

6. Veder

Veder MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2011
    Most visa systems I dealt with had the disks, but ya end of the day we can all agree this OEM stuff is stupid
    Make sure you post your resolution im sure you will find a multi OEM somewhere.

7. madrik79

madrik79 MDL Novice

May 23, 2011
    i have just thought, the toolkit i have has 3 cmd files one of which will create an AIO image i have looked and the cmd file coding by my simple knowledge of coding this toolkit could be edited so it uses the vista x86 and x64 sha1 codes then edit the windows 7 bits and replace with vista editions and slp keys.

In the cert folder it could also be possible to remove the windows 7 certs and replace with vista oem certs which i have the major ones i need, Acer,Alienware,Compaq,Dell,HP,Medion and Packard Bell......

if somebody could look at the code too and tell me if it would work

View attachment Make_AIO_DVD.zip

8. madrik79

madrik79 MDL Novice

May 23, 2011
    I've managed to convert the windows 7 oem activation kit to work with vista iso's built one 32 bit vista iso without errors
    will the 2.1 certs activate vista or will i need to copy 2.0 certs into the win 7 certs folder

9. _Vyper

_Vyper MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2009
    you'll need the 2.0 certs, though on both vista and 7 they can all exist in the certs directory w/o problems it will just use the one that matches the hardware :)

10. madrik79

madrik79 MDL Novice

May 23, 2011
    vista aio image created with Windows 7 OEM activation kit

Update:

I have modified all the source code and replaced the sha1 sum to match the vista iso files
    x86 and x64 create the images no problem, however when i create a aio image i get an error with dism it says its not compatible with vista or words to that effect.

it sucessfully activated windows with the certs but it wont show the oem branding, are the windows 7 oem branding xml files the same code as vista this is the only thing preventing a perfect code change to make aio vista discs