windows 7 and kaspersky 2011 update error

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by forest66, May 7, 2011.

1. forest66

forest66 MDL Novice

May 7, 2011
    gday all ,
    just installed windows7 ultimate sp1 (619077) with daz's loader 2.0.0.0 and works flawlessly.installed a genuine licenced kaspersky 2011 and installed correctly but database would not update kept getting errors obsolete database.checked all the obvious time ,date language ect and all fine aeven had kaspersky help desk on the job to no evail,this went on for 10 days.so decided to uninstall daz's loader and windows went back to trail version with 20 days to go and updated kaspersky and wulla !!! it worked. for some reason daz's loaded prevented kaspersky from updating.reinstalled loader and still waiting to see if kaspersky will continue to update by itself or not.
    by the way it was a fresh install of windows as well.
    can any one shed some light on this problem
    cheers
    forest66

2. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    i had the same problem the only difference was i used daz's v 1.95 ( you didnt say what kaspersky you are using internet sucurity- pure- virus scan) but any way i was using kaspersky internet security 2011 and it said my database was corrupt and it wouldnt update, so i just uninstalled kaspersky rebooted and then reinstalled and all was working fine, kaspersky is a good product but still has a few bugs of its own. like when your doing a full scan and it gets 98% done and at that point it decides to update the definitions and locks up. i find that uninstalling a faulity program then reboot and reinstalling it uasally cures a lot of problems.
    hope this helps some

3. forest66

forest66 MDL Novice

May 7, 2011
    I am using kaspersky internet security 2011 and i tried uninstallation reboot time after time even tried different version builds to no evail.the only thing that worked was uninstalling daz's loader then updating kaspersky database reinstalling loader and now works a treat and is updating automatically and up to date.
    Can anyone else with other genuine internet security/antivirus programms on a free version of windows 7 with daz's loader tell me if their's is functioning correctly or not because it might just be kaspersky.

4. chyen

chyen MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2008
    I have the similar problem too. Now stopped using it and switched something else :/

5. Rossimac

Rossimac MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2011
    Yeah same I just gave up in the end and moved to MSE!