Windows 7 Audit Mode, lot of questions

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Gremo, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Gremo

Gremo MDL Member

Feb 19, 2011
    #1 Gremo, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
    I can't figure out what could be personalized using audit mode (CTRL + SHIFT + F3):
    1. Can I add specific device drivers? How to deal with those requires hardware presence check (e.g. NVIDIA ones)?
    2. Can I activate windows? Or should I use Unattended.xml?
    3. Can I install Office 2010 and activate it?
    4. How can I clean the system before capture, for ensure the the resulting image is really clear?

Thanks for helping! :D

2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    1. Well yea ofc ourse you can, thats the point with audit mode and sysprepping.. To install specific drivers and software.
    2. You can, i know if you have SLIC 2.1 (loader or real) it will stay activated.
    3. You should be able to install any software you want and it should stay activated but im not sure.

3. Gremo

Gremo MDL Member

Feb 19, 2011
    I have a legit Windows 7 serial. How about drivers that checks for hardware prior to install? E.g. nvidia drivers doesn not install if there isn't a nvidia graphic card...

4. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009

When syspreping you can rearm the trialperiod which will reset activation/trial status as far as I know.
    What do you mean? Install drivers and sysprep... You can integrate drivers to install.wim and your version if you want to create a generic image.

5. pinaloca

pinaloca MDL Junior Member

Apr 8, 2009
    @tcntad:

Hi, how do I get into th Audit Mode with Windows Server 2008 R2?

Windows Server not have a Windows Welcome screen, so CTRL + SHIFT + F3 don't works on a Change Password or CtrlAltDel screen. :confused:

Thanks for your help and support. :)