Windows 7 Bios Mods Possible yet?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by MadMan, Jul 24, 2009.

1. MadMan

MadMan MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2007
    #1 MadMan, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  2. ZakMcRofl

ZakMcRofl MDL Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Bios mods are possible but you can't activate without key and cert (which we don't have right now).
    Also, imagine what happens if everyone opens a thread to get their precious bios modded.

3. MadMan

MadMan MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2007
    Im Aware that there isn't any keys and cert.. I Just Want It To Already Be Modded When there Finally Are keys and cert.. :)

4. EGOvoruhk

EGOvoruhk MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2009
    If you want your BIOS modded, post in the Vista forum under the correct thread, or wait for the sticky threads in this forum to be unlocked

5. MadMan

MadMan MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2007
    Well I Assumed That I Was In The Right Form Taking That I Never Did Mention Modding My Bios For Windows Vista! :rolleyes:

isn't the windows 7 forum for stuff about windows 7? Yeap? if i have to post windows 7 questions in windows vista then whats the point of windows 7 forum?:confused:

6. EGOvoruhk

EGOvoruhk MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2009
    #6 EGOvoruhk, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
    If you did a search, you would find that there is a similar thread, that used to be unlocked, in the Vista forum where people were modding Phoenix based BIOSes

And yes, this is the Windows 7 forum, but if you look at the stickied threads, you'll see one that says "Post Phoenix bios SLIC mod requests (*.WPH or *.ROM files) here now! [not yet in use]" which is exactly what you're asking about

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    The phoenix thread is temporary closed.....

We haven't got a activation confirmation of a biosmod at W7!!!
    We don't know if M$ has added a surprise...there are some indications we have to examine.....

People are requesting for the updated SLIC2.1......there is no need to hurry, AFAIK the certs will not leak before September.....

In the meantime (I) we are improving the methods...this is the better investment..

Thank you....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...