Windows 7 - Black Desktop Background Issue

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Preston, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Preston

Preston MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2009
    Hi all...

After searching a few days around I've noticed that several users have the same problem with a black desktop background showing after rebooting Windows 7.

I'm using the ultimate version, activated with Chew-WGA 0.8.2. Everything went fine 100%. Windows is fully activated. I kept away from downloading any updates however just to make sure.

The intriguing thing is that no matter what I do, when I reboot the desktop background automatically sets to Solid Color - Black. No problems with the icons or the taskbar or nags.
    It just creates a new theme called "Unsaved Theme" and sets it default each time I boot the machine. I've deleted it but it keeps showing every time. I can change it back to my favorite theme immediately after, but I admit it's a little frustrating not being able to keep my desktop settings and having to access Personalizations after every reboot.

I read some other members here like Paft have the same exact problem so I was wondering if anybody here could help. I know it's a modest minor problem, however I like to keep things running smoothly if you know what I mean.

Would it be a solution removing 0.8.2 and installing 0.9 instead? Is this a problem related to the patch?

If anyone could help I'd be very glad to hear suggestions. Thanks in advance.

2. anemeros

anemeros MDL Developer

Aug 12, 2009
    #2 anemeros, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
    Yes, I suggest upgrading to Chew-WGA 0.9. That should fix your problem with the wallpaper. Before installing version 0.9, run the 0.8.2 uninstaller (by clicking "Revert" instead of "Apply"). After that finishes and reboots your machine, run "SFC /scannow" (without the quotes), then restart, and upgrade.

Regards,

anemeros

3. Preston

Preston MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2009

Thank you very much anemeros. Problem solved. Everything seems to be working fine. Thanks again.
    Keep up the good work.

4. Mag

Mag MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2009
    windows 7 ultimate

Hello there i have almost the same problem as Preston only difference is that i cant change my background back and i have no icons or taskbar i would be fantasticly greatfull for any advice
    thanks
    /Mag

5. jverga

jverga MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2008

Reboot to Windows 7 install media, and from the command line, run "SFC /scannow" (without the quotes), then restart, and upgrade

6. Mag

Mag MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2009
    jverga thanks for info but can you make it a bit more clerer/detailed for a lamer!!i dont kno were to start!!
    thank you.

7. masud30s

masud30s MDL Novice

Sep 22, 2011
    Here you found a great collection of desktop background.

8. magellyne

magellyne MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2012
    hai there . .
    i have the same problem here . .
    but mine is different . .
    am using windows 7 starter so there's no way to change the desktop background, but i already download a software called oceanis change background, it works . . .
    but there's one day where my netbook been startup repair and after that my background is black . .
    i did install and uninstall the software but it still does'nt work . .
    help me . .

9. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Can u post a MGADIAG report??