Windows 7 Blue screen!!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Airclocker, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Airclocker

Airclocker MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    I'm having trouble with my PC after activating windows 7 with Chew WGA v0.9. The PC restarts once every time I turn it on. I personally think that this is caused by the m/b chipset which i've been having trouble installing from the m/b CD. The machine has been permanently activated, any help will be very appreciated!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. aisback

aisback MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2010
    uninstall the activator and use a different 1

3. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Post the blue-screen code so we can tell u what went wrong or even better the crash-dump.

4. Airclocker

Airclocker MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    Where can I find the crash dump? I'm currently running windows 7 RC 7100.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Airclocker

Airclocker MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
  6. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    Why the hell are so many people still using the RC?! Don't get it at all.

How about upgrading to RTM? I mean, seriously; what's the point?

7. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
  8. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    I took a look on the crash dump. Most or ur bsods were caused by the kernel itself ( ntkrnlpa.exe ) but also ndis.sys & netio.sys so try to update ur network drivers. If the problem still exists, uninstall Chew-Wga ( in case it patches kernel ) otherwise I would recommend a reinstall if "sfc /scannow" cannot resolve the problem

9. Airclocker

Airclocker MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    Uninstalling a Loader?

How can i uninstall Chew WGA, since it's not in the Control Panel?

10. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Open Chew-Wga there should be an "undo" button or something...

11. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Actually I do not think that Chew-Wga has an uninstaller, I do not know for sure but probably a clean install will fix it as it removes all cracks.

12. Airclocker

Airclocker MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    I've decided to revert back to using Windows Vista. Thank you all for helping!

13. Airclocker

Airclocker MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    #13 Airclocker, Mar 10, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
    (OP)
  14. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Well, the problem is that it's a very common bsod code:

Bug Check Code: 0x1000008e = KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    Parameter 1: 0xc0000005 = STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
    Parameter 2 - 4: more technical detail.

It would be possible to debug the problem but it's not that easy over the internet..

Microsoft recommends the following steps:

If you are not equipped to debug this problem, you should use some basic troubleshooting techniques:

• Make sure you have enough disk space.
    • If a driver is identified in the bug check message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates.
    • Try changing video adapters.
    • Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates.
    • Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
    Also, disable or remove any drivers or services that were recently added. If the error occurs during the startup sequence and the system partition is formatted with NTFS file system, you might be able to use Safe Mode to rename or delete the faulty driver. If the driver is used as part of the system startup process in Safe Mode, you have to start the computer by using the Recovery Console to access the file.

Check the System Log inEvent Viewer for additional error messages that might help identify the device or driver that is causing bug check 0x1E. You can disable memory caching of the BIOS to try to resolve the error. You should also run hardware diagnostics, especially the memory scanner, that the system manufacturer supplies. For more information about these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer.

15. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Seriously - your system bluescreens and you still have a beta version ??? (the RC is still beta despite being called RC and there must have been some issues for M$ to block upgrading)

Upgrade to the RTM with a clean install, use a loader - if it still bluescreens you probably have a hardware problem

Get rid of pre-release versions - if it isn't doing the 2 hourly shutdown thingy by now it must be so screwed up it will eventually simply crash taking all data on your drive (s ??) with it.

16. Airclocker

Airclocker MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    I already have the latest bios updates from Biostar, Caching and Shadowing are disabled in the BIOS Options. I'll try to change the video adapter.
    Besides all the techniques you listed is there an application I can use to try an stop the blue screen?

17. Airclocker

Airclocker MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009

Hey Rosco, I did a clean install of the RTM version which still keeps on producing system bluescreens. I think I know the difference between RC and RTM so please stop criticizing me and help me find a solution!!

18. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    Do you have an on-board Video controller and an Installed Video Card ???
    If so disable the on-board card in Bios setup.
    Also try running in safe mode and see if that works.
    If it does then you know it is probably video driver related.
    Updating (or even downgrading) video driver may correct the problem.

If you have on-board video only then get the video driver from your motherboard manufacturers site and install it.

19. Airclocker

Airclocker MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    I'm using an on-board video driver, I've just installed the WDDM Driver from the Optional Windows Updates. I'll let you know if it works ok after I make a couple of system restarts.

20. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Since the crashdump does not give information about the fault module I can't recommend u any app. Sorry.