Windows 7 Boot Screen Issue

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by curioustrapper, Apr 11, 2010.

1. curioustrapper

curioustrapper MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2010
    hi guys! i know somebody's probably brought up the same issue but i can't find an answer so forgive me if i'm repeating it. i recently bought an acer aspire one and for some reason the windows 7 boot screen is the same as the vista one meaning it is still the old low resolution green bar. i've researched and have tried the commands to set the locale in command prompt to no avail. some say that the new boot screen is only available at resolutions 1024x786 and above? is this true?

any help would be truly appreciated and thank you in advance!

2. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    The only time I get the vista green bar is when I boot into WinRE with F* at boot

3. curioustrapper

Mar 20, 2010
    so you've seen computers with resolutions lower than 1024x768 having the boot screen? :( i'm trying to prevent having to do a fresh install :(

4. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    To clarify you get the green bar before actually booting into windows 7. And windows 7 runs fine?

5. curioustrapper

Mar 20, 2010
    yes, the only difference is instead of the cool new animated boot screen with the four colored balls coming together to make the windows logo, i get the old vista green loading bar. :( after that it goes to the acer log in screen normally.

6. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
  7. curioustrapper

Mar 20, 2010
    hmm.. i actually haven't checked. i bought the netbook with the OS preinstalled, it comes with the starter. i don't think they preinstalled beta versions right?

8. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    It is normal to have the vista boot screen in screens with resolutions lower than 1024x786. Most of the netbooks show the vista boot screen.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. curioustrapper

Mar 20, 2010
    whew! thanks for that, i thought there was something wrong with the boot of my netbook. :) thanks for putting my mind at ease! and thanks for all the speedy replies! :D