Windows 7 Boot time

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by emash, Oct 4, 2013.

1. emash

emash MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2013
    #1 emash, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    First of all i would like to thank guys on this forum for posting info and tutorials on slic injection, which i done perfectly yesterday, also i can give you guys a link to bios mods thread, where i requested bios patch for my brand new GA-Z87M-D3H mobo.
    Now i have a question, my windows 7 x64 ultimate boots (i mean the system boot time, with the logo) in sixteen seconds, although, i've seen a video at youtube where a guy's windows boots in seven seconds. He's ssd is not 120% faster than mine! Why is it like that, can i speed it up and how? I already reinstalled windows a couple times, changed a lot of settings in uefi, though i had my system booting faster, like in the video i saw, with some settings, it booted before windows logo came together, you know. But what settings, what i changed? Can't recall them.. Thank you all, awesome forum, and first of all – it is free!

2. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    My single Windows 8 installation gets to the Start screen in 9 seconds; my Windows 7 machine gets there in 29 seconds. Of course boot time is effectively 0 seconds for me since between pressing the power button on either box and beginning work I brew a mug of the world's best coffee. Never fails that any machine is ready long before I sit down.

3. erpsterm35

erpsterm35 MDL Expert

May 27, 2013
    my Win7 SP1 x64 computer boots a little faster with hotfix KB2775511 installed.
    also resolves some slow login problems.

4. emash

emash MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2013
    I reinsatlled intel rapid start driver from latest to one provided by gigabyte. now windows boots 4 seconds faster, i think new driver made some conflicts and .. don't know what exactly, 'cos rapid start technology is not related to startup boot. :) Anyway, problem solved, thanks for update kb i would check it)