Windows 7 booting error? Help beeded.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sid_16, Mar 30, 2014.

1. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    Since, last Friday I'm getting this message when starting the windows "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press any key to continue"

After2/3 attempt like start up repair, restoring computer to an earlier date, resulting fine for 1/2 boot then again same message.
    What might have caused this, I've checked the bios and see the 1st option is- CD/DVD and 2nd is HDD.

As far as I know the system is clean from malware/virus and sfc/scannow produces 'no violation of system file' etc..

Any expert help will highly be appreciated!
    Thanks for taking time to read this,
    Regards,
    sid_16.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That could be because of Softerror('s) in Track 0 or on the location of the system boot files!

You could try to use either HDD Regenerator or DRevitalize which you could download from the internet. You should create an bootable CD/DVD or USB Drive with that and start the machine from that apps and run.

It wouldn't harm your files in any means because it didn't use any of the existing file systems. It just works for to re-degaus the sectors with Softerrors.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...