Windows 7 BUG? mouse pointer falling off sreen

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sensi, Aug 22, 2009.

1. sensi

sensi MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2009
    Can anyone else verify if they have this problem? When scrolling on a maximised window my mouse pointer can leave the screen, but only on the top half. Quite hard to explain but does anyone know what i mean?

2. Stormcrow

Stormcrow MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Nope, no repro here.

Mouse pointer stops at the screen boundaries, no matter how much I try to make it go beyond the screen boundaries.

Video driver problem?

--
    SC

3. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    Sounds like you need to hit the auto adjust button on your monitor or TV. That will re-center the screen

4. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Jokeware: Did you look under your monitor ? :D

5. micky1punch

micky1punch MDL Junior Member

Jul 24, 2009
    hmm, mine goes off, only to the right, but all the way up and down, never noticed before, shall try to reset the monitor see if that cures it..

6. micky1punch

micky1punch MDL Junior Member

Jul 24, 2009
    yep, that fixed it lol

7. sensi

sensi MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2009
    doing anything with the monitor doesnt help. Its not all the way down the right hand side, about 2 inches from the bottom its fine and locks with 1 pixel still on the screen, above that it disappears and goes about 4-6 inches into nothingness, really really weird lol

8. sensi

sensi MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2009
    really nobody with this issue? doing my head in now

9. spikegotti

spikegotti MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2009
    if you have a laptop, make sure the touchpad is free from objects, anything resting on the touchpad can cause the pointer to move, even if the usb mouse aint resting flat on a surface, this too can cause the pointer to move.

if those are not the cause, i suggest for you to call an exorcist

10. sensi

sensi MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2009
    hi thanks for the reply, but its not moving on its own...

when i move the pointer to the right side where the scroll bar on IE is, insted of locking 1 pixel to the edge of the screen, it carrys on going! into nowhere lol. However half way down the screen it locks like normal!

so when loosing it on a scroll and scrolling down it gets stuck on that invisible barrier until i bring it back onto the screen again

11. Stormcrow

Stormcrow MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Are you accidentally set up for dual monitors, and the mouse is moving over into the non-existent second display?

Check in the display properties that there's no second monitor configured.

--
    SC

12. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Make sure the clock and phase, and H position on your monitor are correct.

Most monitors have an auto button which configures clock and phase

13. THC-Mind

THC-Mind MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2008
    I have the same problem....or is it my nick cousing the efects :confused:
    I realy don't know :D

14. friskies

friskies MDL Junior Member

Jul 27, 2009
    I was sitting at home in front of my computer yesterday, eating ecstasy (only like 25 pills) and suddenly the desktop got all blurry and started floating around in my house, i tried to catch it but it was too fast for me! Anyone else experienced this bug? One would think major bugs like that would be fixed in the RTM

15. Groch

Groch MDL Novice

Sep 5, 2009
    I had the same problem, mouse dissappearing off the right side of the screen. Your solution solved it. I had switched temporarily from a DVI to the VGA input...and my computer detected it as a second monitor. It would not let me delete the monitor, but I could select "show desktop on primary monitor only" which solved the problem. Thank you.

16. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    On my monitor, it did this unless I set the clock/phase. Is their an auto tune button on your monitor?

17. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Yep, that must be it. Because this phenomenon always (and to my knowledge only) occurs when you are using dualscreen mode and one of the displays is set to a lower resolution than the other one.

Example:

Main = 1600x1200

Secondary = 1280x1024

Effect: If the cursor is on the main and in a position lower than 1024 then it cannot enter the secondary, hence it stops at the border. If on the other hand the cursor is somewhere between 0 and 1024 pixels it can enter the secondary, so unless you have a screen attached that shows it there the cursor just seems to vanish into nothingness.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  18. Richard60

Richard60 MDL Novice

Jan 24, 2009
    Use the Windows and "P" key. Then you see a screen from wich you can choose:
    - computer only
    - duplicate
    - extend
    - projector only

Choose for computer only. Projector only is handy for your television.

19. elvenwarrior

elvenwarrior MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    I am also facing the same problem. while doing work mouse cursor moves away.

i think the problem is with nvidia latest driver... m also looking for solution :(

regards
    Elven

20. elvenwarrior

elvenwarrior MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    need help ???

reply plz