Windows 7 crash

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kartoma, Nov 16, 2009.

1. kartoma

kartoma MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2009
    #1 kartoma, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2009
    Hey mates.
    I have a big problem.Yesterday I have installed Windows 7 x64. He has been worked great till today. Something happened and all stoped. I see my desktop but I can't do anything (keyboard doesn't work (hard disk diode doesn't light?). It happened 8 times. I don't know what to do and I don't know the reasons: maybe my programees are incompatible? After reset I become no information about this crash.
    core 2 duo 3.0ghz, 4gb ram, geforce9800gtx, asus p5k
    maybe I'll better instal 32bit version? today I installed only itunes, vlc, utorrent... yesterday was ok, but today all fu**ed
    please help.

2. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    If possible try to set the computer back 1 day before all the problems started (If you still have the restore points).

3. themax86

themax86 MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2009
    reinstall :) s**t hapens

4. vdl68

vdl68 MDL Junior Member

Sep 11, 2009
    I ran into this many time. It seem like Win 7 X64 does not like to be mess around with the it's driver. I try to update the driver and it seem to work find, then once I reboot, it just freeze on the boot-up logo, or sometime just show me a blank desktop.

I finally got smart and finally install ShadowProtect Desktop Recovery CD, so every time the notebook "goes on the lose" I can grab it back again!! :)

5. kartoma

kartoma MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2009
    Indeed.

With Vista I didn't have such problems. I restored my yesterdays config. We will see...

6. GeoffV

GeoffV MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    Hi kartoma
    You might want to visit the Microsoft Compatibility Center-- wwwdotmicrosoftdotcom/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/defaultdotaspx(Replace the "dot" wit a period ".") -- you can manually check on component compatibility there. From there you can likely narrow your issues down to nil.
    Good luck
    GeoffV
    Windows 7 Client Team