windows 7 default getway

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dragonfire665, Mar 1, 2010.

1. dragonfire665

dragonfire665 MDL Senior Member

Sep 17, 2008
    #1 dragonfire665, Mar 1, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
    Ok so I have EVGA 780i which had nforce n 2 Ethernet adapter. Here is the problem with 7 when I'm downloading thru utorrent, a rapidshare downloader or anything of that matter after abit my computer will lose internet connection. To fix it ill right click on the network icon click on troubleshooting n once it fixes it tell me what happen was lost of default gateway. Some reading have told me the installation of nforce driver vista64 will fix it, but it doesn't, reinstallation does not either. Does anyone have any idea what I can do? If I buy a pci network could that easily fix the issue?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    This worked for a friend. There seems to be a problem with the Bonjour service. In the "Run" box, type "services.msc", then scroll down till you find "bonjour service". Disable it, then choose "automatic (delayed) start", click ok, close everything then reboot.

3. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    ill try that once i get home thanks for a quick tip. Seriously you cant imagine how annoying this is. Every like 30misn i have to reset my network conenction, so mostly things cant never finish downloading

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. kin3tik

kin3tik MDL Novice

Dec 23, 2009
    I used to have a similar issue when downloading torrents. What was actually happening was the router (the computers default gateway) was receiving too many concurrent connections and it was dying. In your torrent program, try limiting the number of global connections to something low (ie 100). If that fixes the issue then you may want a new router :/

5. heavy distorted

heavy distorted MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2009
    i experienced this problem on d-link dsl 500g adsl router@torrent and soon bought linksys wag200g,works fine [end of story]

created many connections caused this urgent but as far as i know, rapidshare downloaders don't make many connections, compared with torrent

6. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    you know what, i think it could be the router more than the Ethernet connections, due to the fact that from time to time i will have to go to 192.168.2.X to actually restart the router or it wont get back on and restart the downloads. I have a Belkin which is pretty old about 6years old (wireless) so i think is time for a new router. Any suggestion on great routers for multiple sharing, online gaming and torrent downloads?

7. iamanoob

iamanoob MDL Senior Member

Feb 28, 2010
    i can confirm, i have netgear router, and when i download with uTorrent, i get knocked off too. i have to reset my modem to get back online. this only happens when i use uTorrent.

8. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    so lets put this together, the main reason seems to be due to router (cheap router that i have) and the other one can be and again thats only because i have read on other places, a error between drivers when it comes to Windows 7 and the Nforce drivers (ethernet adapter). Which supposely the simple solution is the installation of the Vista64 (since im running x64). But as i said, no luck with that. So now my best option will be a better router.

One more time, thanks to all for the quick tips and help

9. iamanoob

Feb 28, 2010
    no, i don't have a cheap router, mine is the best one netgear offers.
    i believe it's due to my ISP knocking me off purposely, as i read somewhere that they do this for torrent sharing.

but someone just posted that it's due to their router, so im not sure.

answer me this: you only get knocked off when using torrents?

i personally don't think buying a new router will solve anything.

10. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    i was using (while tried to use) and it worked for a bit, Jdownloader, but it stills. After like 15mins of downloading at 1.6MBs it kicked me out and gave me that error, due to The Default Gateway, needed to be reset. And again after such i still had to go to my routers website and restart it from there to come back at full capacity but i had to do this about 5 times with a period of 2hours. And i didnt mean you having a cheap router, i meant my router. Sorry for that confusion, didnt mean to insult you or anything. But as i am saying, this has being going on for awhile now. Not just these pass days, but on these days it has come to annoy me much much more.

11. iamanoob

Feb 28, 2010
    oh no, im not insulted, i was just trying to save you some money. i also experience this, but only when i use uTorrent. now if this is happening when you're using jDownloader, im really not sure.

make sure DNS client is enabled and started in (services.msc).

good luck

12. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    i just did some heavy testing to figure out when it happens the most. So here are the results, when using Utorrent im pron to get Default Gateway disable, meaning i will have an exclamation point on the network house by the clock, so i will have to right click on it and troubleshoot. Now when i am using Jdownloader and/or Rapidshare Downloader my internet will pretty much just disappear. It will give me no yellow exclamation point like Utorrent, but im force to go to 192.168.2.X within my router and restart it and then i can go get back online, get back to redownloading and being able to search the net. And thats when i know something is wrong, when i just do a simple google.com search and comes back with Page Cannot be Display. So the reasons to why can and i know are many, but what exactly are i am extremely confuse. The router i have is a Belkin F5D7231-4 Wireless G and was bought about 5 to 6 years ago. So what now guys?