Windows 7 DVD incorporating IE9?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by vwgolfman, Jun 3, 2011.

1. vwgolfman

vwgolfman MDL Junior Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Hi
    Does anybody know if there will be a Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit DVD released by Microsoft incorporating IE9?
    Thank you in advance :)

2. steven4554

steven4554 MDL Expert

Jul 12, 2009
    I don't think so, but even if MS hasn't made one, you can easily make one yourself using various tools to help in integrating IE9 into the windows image.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. vwgolfman

Nov 5, 2007
    Hi Steven and thank you for your reply.

I did create one of these by following the steps recommended in one of the threads on this forum but was unsure how to burn the DVD after doing so.
    I am tech-savvy too!

I think I also read somewhere that remnants of IE8 still existed after the install.

Would you happen to know anything about this and also be able to direct me to a good guide on how to create my Windows 7 + IE9 DVD?

Thanks again

4. UVAIS

UVAIS MDL Expert

Mar 17, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. steven4554

steven4554 MDL Expert

Jul 12, 2009
    your welcome, as for IE8, yes when you install IE9 it does backup the IE8 files, so in case you have problems it can roll back to IE8.

As for a guide i think there is one floating around here, but cannot remember where it is, so you have to use the search tool to find it. Sorry i couldn't be of much help.

6. vwgolfman

Nov 5, 2007
    Steven, surely if only IE9 exists on the DVD then IE8 files cannot be installed?
    That was my idea.
    I want to make a clean install of Windows with IE9. I don't have any problems with IE9 and I don't want any IE8 files hanging around doing nowt ;-)

Otherwise I just as well install IE9 from Windows Update which is what I currently have?

7. luke7

luke7 MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Found this on MSFN

run this command twice from an command prompt (cmd.exe) with adminrights:

FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*8.*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /norestart"

this should remove the IE8 files with the help of the command line.

Make a backup first.

8. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Well I am sure that you can find them on the net now but if you want you can make it youself, here is what you will need:

rt7lite from RockersTeam
    Windows 7 x64 ISO
    IE9 MSU

Then you simply use the update option in rt7lite to inject the IE9 update then build the ISO. Then install from the custom built ISO and it should have IE9 preinstalled automatically. Hope this helps :)