Windows 7 EFI & SLIC Issue

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Pinknoise, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Pinknoise

Pinknoise MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2011
    I have a Windows 8 VAIO and have downgraded to Windows 7. The Phoenix / EFI tool on this site says that my bios has a Sony 2.1 marker present. Pic attached.

Also attached is an RW Everything log.

Windows 7 loader extreme and Daz Loader do not find the SLIC table and want to install loaders.

Any suggestions why the SLIC isn't showing up in windows? View attachment AcpiTbls.rar SLIC.jpg

2. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    #2 redroad, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  3. Pinknoise

Pinknoise MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2011
    Just done another clean install. I used the OPAtool to install the sony cert and an ult key.

Still no activation.

Is there any tool for checking what SLIC is in place and visible to windows?

4. Pinknoise

Pinknoise MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2011
    Activation Status.jpg

Attached is a photo of the three activation status windows.

5. Pinknoise

Pinknoise MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2011
    W7Loader.jpg

here is a shot of Windows 7 Loader Extreme and it does not show that the BIOS has SLIC 2.1.

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    The SLIC table is hidden (what I got from the RW report) & must be unlocked (by any bios modder). You can use Professional or Enterprise with KMS activation or consult with the the Daz loader readme to format your HDD as MBR.

7. Pinknoise

Pinknoise MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2011
    Yes, I have tired Windows Loader and it will activate Windows, but I would rather the slic was in the bios. A few months ago a system that was activated that way (also running MSE) had its loader removed. Would rather this unit was 100%. Esp as it originally shipped with 8 Pro and downgrading is technically in the licence.

Tito: Can it be reactivated or unhidden with the Phoenix tool or is it a mod for someone far more skilled than I.

Also can anyone advise of how to reflash this Insyde bios. I only ask as the Flastit dos tool would not read it in the first place, so I'm doubtful it will flash it. I got this rom by using Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit.

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    maybe but you can bet it wasn't Daz loader, and Windows 7 Loader Extreme along with opatool is outdated and does not contain latest slic files.

9. Pinknoise

Pinknoise MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2011
    I did try Daz loader but it bluescreened on first reboot. Whatever loader W7LX uses worked better.

I managed to get a 7 Pro licence (Genuine) and i'm using that now.... still don't like being beaten by this bios, but as the laptop retails for £1500 sterling and its 3 days old I don't fancy flashing it unless i'm 100% certain.

Thanks all for your input. Maybe one day I'll be able to help someone on here instead of being the one in need.