Windows 7 Embedded - Media Center 7 Standalone?

Discussion in 'Windows Embedded' started by Diverge, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Diverge

Diverge MDL Junior Member

Jul 23, 2009
    I don't have any experience with Windows 7 Embedded, but I'm interested in trying to make a version that just boots into Media Center 7, or try something someone might have.

Anyone have a tips on how to go about this, or links to a pre-configured ISO, ect?

2. Diverge

Jul 23, 2009
    #4 Diverge, Feb 12, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
    (OP)
    Is anyone who is running WES7 as a set top box (media center) able to get event ghost to start with windows correctly?

for some reason if it starts minimized to the "sys tray" it doesn't work correctly. I'm thinking something about it is not liking that there is no desktop. So far this is the only application giving me issues, and it kinda a deal breaker for me, as I need it to work. I supposed I can try a WES7 install that has the desktop, and just kinda hide it like the microsoft video demo linked above.

edit: nevermind, got it working now. Had to remove startup setting from within eventghost, and add evenghost to a scheduled task run at login.

3. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    What are you running it on (hardware)?

sebus

4. Diverge

Jul 23, 2009
  5. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Thanks, not the most visually pleasing (at the moment) but certainly functional...

sebus

6. Diverge

Jul 23, 2009
    Yeah, it's not in a case right now. I'm waiting for the case to be shipped. I just recently set it up like that to see how it would all fit in the case that is coming (if there is any hope of modding it for the cablecard tuner pictured above). I used to have it in a Origen AE S10V case, but I wanted a case with a much smaller profile (thin) to be used with this setup. It's a thin ITX motherboard.

7. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Nice, but I think for the total amount of money whole solution costs one can get kick *** Enigma2 based receiver

sebus

8. ArtAbrahamson

ArtAbrahamson MDL Novice

May 23, 2012
    I tried the whole win 7 embedded route, but discovered inteset secure lockdown in the process an used that instead. Other than using more disk space, it's cheaper and allows more flexability when using Media Center

9. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    While secure lockdown will let you do it (and even states it in the info) it does not do what WES does, which is to use WAY less resources then normal Win7

sebus

10. Diverge

Jul 23, 2009