Windows 7 English to Spanish?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by KA', Apr 29, 2011.

1. KA'

KA' MDL Novice

Apr 29, 2011
    Hi Guys,

---I’m planning to buy an HP All-In-One computer with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits (English Language) however what I’m looking for is to change the language from English to Spanish? Do I need to buy the Windows 7 Ultimate version from HP or can I just go ahead and download the mydigitalife Windows 7 Spanish 64 bit version and do an upgrade? Which one do you guys recommend?

How about doing a clean Win7 installation?
    Please help me?

2. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    #2 hbhb, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
    Ka:
    All remain a personal choice, you can either buy Ultimate from HP and you are all set out of the box , or dowload here and work it.
    You know that only Ultimate gives you ability to download langage packs, so your call dude
    Good luck

if you download from here you will be doing a fresh install. And you will have to activate it, if there isnt a substantial difference depending on the deal you are getting, get all and be done. If you want to pay less,thinker and leanr some while doing it then by all mean that remain your choice

3. KA'

KA' MDL Novice

Apr 29, 2011
    Got it...Thank you Sir,, :)

4. ricktendo64

ricktendo64 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2008
    Check your bios with Slic Toolkit, if you have slic 2.1 you dont have to "buy" anything...with slic 2.1 you can install/activate any version of Windows 7 you want

5. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    Dude is planning on buying the HP, doesnt have it yet, and it sounds like he needs to pre order it, most likely will have a slic 2 1 but still ....remains a choice

6. Tahunasky

Tahunasky MDL Junior Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Why do you want to switch to spanish - as your english seems pretty good ?
    Does/Will the pc have a spanish keyboard ?
    I live in argentina, but have a HP laptop with US keyboard... computer are very expensive in argentina so i purchased overseas.... anyways i just have the HP OEM windows 7 pro - en version, and have set the keyboard to US international so i have the accents over the a n u etc, and its just as easy as using the spanish keyboard...

7. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    Tahu got a good point,
    in my case i got an Asus with a FRENCH Home premium, eventhough i speak french I prefer my pc in english, so I fresh installed Win 7 ultimate SP1 from here, all good. I very quickly got used to the AZERTY kb. No big deal