Windows 7 Enterprise N Latest Integrated ?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DigitalNut2548, Oct 19, 2017.

1. DigitalNut2548

DigitalNut2548 MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2012
    Hello to all,

Everyone has been helpful in here.

I was installing windows 7 on a friends PC lately, and saw that it is very difficult to get it running because there is no more DVD drive on his PC. I needed to install using the USB key. My enterprise version being old, it didn't have the latest drivers as well and windows update kept hanging on my internet connection (hours).

He had to take his pc home where he doesn't have a internet connection. I wanted to integrate all the hotfixes and updates and drivers into a windows 7 installation usb key and give it to him.

First question : Anyone have a MSDN clean windows 7 enterprise N version of windows ? And anyone know how I can update it before installing ?

thank you all

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    #3 shhnedo, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    Check this guy's signature for a svf repo. You can convert Ultimate to Ultimate N and then Ultimate N to Enterprise N - boom - clean, original Ent iso.
    For updating use the Simplix UpdatePack sticky up top.

Edit: Or you could just download an image suggested by Tito. lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. DigitalNut2548

Dec 8, 2012
    I took a look and I'm using the boss911 integrator, this thing ROCKS !!!! But does it have the win 3.1 usb drivers integrated so I can install from a USB key ? It talks about hotfixes but not win usb drivers. I also noticed that the drivers folder in boss911 tool is empty.

5. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    Oookay... There are many things you can change.
    1. Even the regular Windows 7 Professional N can be activated with a KMS tool.
    2. If you want the usb 3.x compatibility, just put the serviced install.wim or install.esd inside of a windows 10 iso. It's way more straightforward.
    3. Simplix UpdatePack automatically integrates usb 3.x drivers, unless you use a .bat that contains the /NoUSB key, so you don't need to worry about drivers.

Finally(and this is still a personal choice), since you mentioned usb 3.1 drivers, I assume the PC is relatively new, so windows 10 enterprise n ltsb would be a better choice(imo).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    #7 Tito, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    @DigitalNut2548

1. Well, Ultimate can be OEM:SLP activated which is permanent, unlike KMS activation.
    2. You're looking for the largely obscure E variant, as N doesn't ship with Windows Media-related technologies, but still contains IE.
    3. As @shhnedo mentioned, 10 LTSB variants are worth a look for you.

7. DigitalNut2548

Dec 8, 2012
    Hummm...

1. I only did my KMS activation once. So I'm assuming it runs in the background.

2. I had the idea that OEM:SLP messes with your bios and tables, I didn't want that. Wanted something software based.

3. you can just put install.win in the windows 10 and it just works ???

4. Tried windows 10 LTSB, it's really looks different and acts different than windows 7. Will all the software that used to work on 7 work on 10 ? What about the games lagging ?

Thanks for your replies

8. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    1. KMS activation is done automatically and periodically to renew the license. It's not a constantly running process.
    2. No, it doesn't.
    3. Yes, it works.
    4. Everything that works on windows 7 works on 10 as well. Ofcourse, ancient software that magically worked on 7 might not work on 10. Games don't lag. At least not for me. I've played dying light, dirt3, CoD MW 1/2/3, CS GO, killing floor, gta iv and many more on my 3632QM/GT730M laptop with mostly consistent performance(clean LTSB 2016, clean laptop with new thermal paste and pad on the chipset).

9. DigitalNut2548

Dec 8, 2012
    Great, I'll try it then. Whats the best way to activate win 10 ltsb ? kms or oem:slp ? and if it's oem slp, what is the best method ?

thanks

10. forthelulz

forthelulz MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2017
    Hmm this is something I would love to have. Because even if you disable IE, it'll still be there and somehow even get my firefox cookies.
    Which edition (N, E or whatever else) has the least amount of microsoft garbage in it?
    Also would it work with the normal stuff we activate with, like multi-oem project or daz loader etc...

11. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    Since windows 8, you can only use a KMS solution. Microsoft Toolkit, KMSAuto Net, KMSPico, whatever you like.

12. grafit

grafit MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2017
    Amm, sorry guys for posting here but my topic seems to small for separate case and both topics I'm about to refer are closed.

So the thing is that for a long, long time I see this entry at https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/activation-solution-comparison.20810/ that the only option for Win 7 Pro N is to "rearm".

Then, there is this topic: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/guide-activate-windows-7-on-pcs-with-uefi.61595/
    which states 4 options for activation: modded bios, windslic, other ver of win, legacy booting and formatting with mbr.

I'm proud user of Win7N for many years now and I can assure You I have never done anything to my bios, it's original firmware UEFI (i.e. color bios :p), I always install my system by myself and I have successfully used both Daz (long time ago) and Toolkit for activation and nothing else.
    Maybe that's note is a little too late, but... You might want to update Your infos :)

13. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @grafit

Thanks for your input - corrected it. Pro N can indeed be activated by KMS solutions, but not by Daz's loader or any SLIC emulation/bios mod because no OEM:SLP key for it ever leaked. In your case, it's Microsoft Toolkit which activated it, not the loader.