Windows 7 Enterprise

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mistral, Oct 26, 2009.

1. mistral

mistral MDL Junior Member

Sep 1, 2009
    is it possible to remove ie.cfg from win7 enterprise 90 trial, to relase the rest of the editions, starter, home, ultimate, pro :confused:

2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Depends on... how you download it.

If you download the 90 day trial from MS website then im not sure at all since its just a .vhd (virtual) file which needs to be mounted first, but wether its a install dvd i dont know.

If its a dvd, then you should be able to delete the ei.cfg file..

3. mistral

Sep 1, 2009
    its a 90 days trial ISO, not Eval VHD

thx for fast reply

4. FireSokar

FireSokar MDL Member

May 1, 2009
    Enterprise only contains Enterprise on the disc. Deleting EI.CG is useless in this case. Only makes for a cleaner Install Screen / skips the selection step of 1 option. If your looking for the other version best bet is to download the iso.

5. mistral

Sep 1, 2009
    okey :( i just thout i could save some time and was curious because when i open the iso file with ultraiso and klick under sources/license/en-us/eval/ all editions are there..

thx anyway

6. FireSokar

FireSokar MDL Member

May 1, 2009
    Those are on every edition. What you look for is by the Install.wim is a .CLG file its there for each edition on the disc, its a quick lil way of finding out ;)

7. mistral

Sep 1, 2009
    hmm cant find install.wim or .CLG file in the iso, not in enterprise iso or ultimate iso, :( what im look for is starter edition, i have poor training desktop i what to try win7 on just for testing ,its now xp pro on it, 1ghz 512 ram dell optiplex, probably it is better to continue with xp pro :)

thx for help

8. FireSokar

FireSokar MDL Member

May 1, 2009
    its in the sources folder. If your looking in the ultimate dvd just delete ei.cg and you can get starter-ultimate.

9. mistral

Sep 1, 2009
    okej..thx i go for ultimate iso remove ei.cg, do you now if i have 30days trial and 3 rearms in starter edition

thx again:)

10. FireSokar

FireSokar MDL Member

May 1, 2009
    NP, you should have the rearms like the other editions once installed use SLMGR.VBS to find out

11. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    I ThinkSome Will Not work In Enterprise Like The Ultimate

12. 22TKD

22TKD MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2009
    yes,enterprise is different from retail, not include other edition