Windows 7: Fresh Install, Diagnostics, Etc.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Gethsemane, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Gethsemane

Gethsemane MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
  2. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    thanks a lot for the information..
    but one thing i would like to ask.?? how to use noscript for firefox.. it's kind a confusing..
    and what is greasemonkey for firefox?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. wyrman

wyrman MDL Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Noscript disables Java script. Saves on all of the popups. You can right mouse the tray icon and tempararily allow a site or if you trust a site you can allow it. Great addon

4. Gethsemane

Gethsemane MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
    #4 Gethsemane, Oct 6, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
    (OP)
    I have no experience whatsoever with Greasemonkey I will re-edit this post when I find out what it is and what it does exactly. Noscript basically you have to allow every site from the time you install it. Say, you go to microsoft.com. That site will no doubt have scripts. So you click on the Options... box in the lower right hand of Firefox and allow Microsoft.com. Say there's a video on Microsoft.com, linked from.... youtube.com. In order to see that video since it's linked offsite from youtube.com you'll have to allow youtube.com and probably ytimg.com or something along those lines.

Noscript is a godsend for anyone that commonly goes to cr**k and warez sites. Which are loaded with trojans and anti-virus pop ups that insist you install unknown software. It takes some getting used to though. I feel kind of guilty using ad block plus though. I know sites like google make a killing on their adsense and adblock plus pretty much cockblocks them lol among other sites from making any kind of money.

Greasemonkey: Looks like a javascript back-end that says it is used to load any web page the way you want. Seems to add more options to a lot of websites. It really doesn't interest me that much. Try at your own risk I suppose. Lot of downloads for it though so it must be used a lot.

5. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    thanks a lot Gethsemane.. really appreciate ur time..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ricksy50

ricksy50 MDL Junior Member

Sep 15, 2009
    No script and adblock with firefox

as a example if you have a fleabay account log in using the above you will be warned " you must use script to use fb etc" but the advantage is

no ads which they get paid so you watch using your bandwidth

no pop ups same as above

shops which track you blocked

Disadvantages
    leaving fb and using your search history jscript must be enabled

job done enabled all the time