Windows 7 Genuine Activation

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Misaki2010, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Misaki2010

Misaki2010 MDL Addicted

Jul 14, 2009
    I'm trying to activate Windows 7 on a friend's PC, and I want it to be, well "Genuine" is there any activators that work with update KB970133 installed, he needs that because without it, he can't download some of Microsoft's Products such as XP Mode...

2. gunducirix

gunducirix MDL Novice

May 5, 2009
    inject bios slic 2.1 is the best solution but potential high risk if you do not do properly

3. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Daz's loader is fine but bios mod is the best option.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Misaki2010

Misaki2010 MDL Addicted

Jul 14, 2009
    well the thing is that his PC doesn't support Slic 2.1 ... so i don't think that i can find a crack that can make it Genuine with WAT installed... :(

5. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Suggest look/request in Bios mod forum..BTW there is far too much hype about dangers of modding - just follow a few simple rules and Bill's your uncle... or Bob or whatever..:eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    I think is is a bad ide to flash your bios just for activation, the risk is not worth it.
    Lets say you have a perfect bios and you are a bit new in "bios flash", the risk is that your hole pc becomes unstabile.
    Only flash bios if you have a problem on your old one (cpu support ram support etc)

7. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    #8 Rosco, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
    Of course "his PC doesn't support Slic 2.1" - only the Royalty OEM companies supply motherboards with SLIC 2.1 in them - that's the reason these forums exist.

Try Daz's loader - I'll bet you it will work.

PS - I agree with robalm - a licence for genuine windows 7 is cheaper than all but the cheapest motherboards and way cheaper than rebuilding your PC because you botched the mod - especially a laptop -- unless your time is worthless in which case it may not be cheaper.

8. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    I disagree Rosco. Bios mod done properly and flashed from dos is supreme solution. No disrespect to anybody but loaders are a quick fix that involve little effort, a couple of clicks and your done. Not to mention the fear of ending up "not genuine".

9. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    I think you are sadly mistaken..with our newest tools...the risk is no greater than a factory upgrade..

I think some reading and research is in your future before making these "assumptions"..Most retail boards are no risk at all..OEMs are a bit more difficult..

10. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Right on the money 911medic. Definitely right about the OEM boards...... I know from experience. As you said..... Some reading and research is in order.

11. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Wise words indeed! Altho Rosco is not wrong per se - if you feel intimidated don't do it.. Daz rocks as far as loaders go.. but as alextheg says the supreme aka "as close as dammit to OEM release" is bios mod..IMHO:biggrin:

12. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    100% safe so even a kid can flash a "mod bios" whith no risk?
    (Sorry for bad english)

13. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Sorry to say this but RTFS "some reading and research is in your future".. aka "NO!"

14. Misaki2010

Misaki2010 MDL Addicted

Jul 14, 2009
    thank you for trying to help me but i still need a way to make windows Genuine with WAT installed without modding BIOS if there isn't a thing that can make this well , i think i'm going to try Remove WAT or Daz and tell him to forget about XP Mode!

15. gunducirix

gunducirix MDL Novice

May 5, 2009
    Daz's loader is fine but it's not guarantee your windows will pass WGA validation if microsoft issue new service pack update!
    It doesn't matter his PC doesn't support Slic 2.1. You can modifiy the bios to make his PC support slic 2.1.
    I have tested this methode on my "home-made" PC and works well even after update KB970133.
    Suggest look in Bios mod forum for tutorial!

16. Misaki2010

Misaki2010 MDL Addicted

Jul 14, 2009
    I still don't think that my friend's BIOS: Phoenix ROM Bios Plus Version 1.10 A08 will support Slic 2.1, The Specifications are Intel Pentium 4 2.80GHz, 4 GB Ram, Windows 7 x86, Dell OptiPlex GX280, and ATI video card I think...

17. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Daz's loader will run on machines with no SLIC 2.1. I ran it on a PIII and it worked fine. But judging by how you didn't read any of the other 7000 threads that say "What works with KB970133?", and how you ignored the other posts in this thread saying Daz's loader will work, I see no reason why you will read my post.

Some people like to think BIOS mods are 100% bullet proof but that isn't always true. And they do carry some risk.

Loader is lower risk of borking the system (no BIOS flash), potentially more detectable (though they've been working fine since Vista SP1). I'm running a loader version from October and it still passes KB970133 fine.

KMS activation is an option for Professional or Enterprise editions.

All the above methods are preferred as they provide genuine activation and don't modify system files.

IMHO RemoveWAT is less desirable as it modifies system files to bypass activation instead of providing genuine activation. It has the greatest chance at being detected (Microsoft ALWAYS targets patches). This type of activation "solution" is always a cat and mouse game.

The system is genuine during initial grace (30 days after install, can be rearmed 3 more times), during this time XP mode and other genuine gated downloads can be downloaded.

18. iamanoob

iamanoob MDL Senior Member

Feb 28, 2010