Windows 7 got frozen + red bar

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Surob Jk, Mar 26, 2022.

1. Surob Jk

Surob Jk MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2022
    I don't know how can i fix Win7 on new laptop Acer nitro 5 Model : Nitro AN515-55, i tried to fix many mods win7 and many failed, how can Fix win7 to run on new laptop,
    Processor : I5-10300H
    Graphics: Intel(R) UHD Graphics
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti

i think Windows 7 doesn't have UEFI GOP ? someone people can fix iso Win7 With UEFI GOP and without VGA

2. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    You can fix it by installing windows 10(or even 11). As smarta$$ as it may sound, it's the actual solution to utilizing modern hardware. Windows 7 doesn't know what to do with it, figuratively speaking.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Surob Jk

Surob Jk MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2022
    nah i never used win10 or 11 i just only use win7
    so that why i don't like 10 or 11

4. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    Right... that's not objective at all.
    I also don't like many aspects of 10 and 11 - updating, pre-loaded bloatware I never need/use, forced driver installation on top of up-to-date drivers from manufacturers(because "wE kNoW bEtTeR" ), the amount of modding I do to an iso before I actually install it. That doesn't mean the os is not usable. What you're experiencing NOW is the os not being usable - windows 7 on a modern machine is(even though by design) a huge inconvenience purely because of the amount and nature of modding you have to go through and even then, for example, you lose the ability to enter safe mode, an essential troubleshooting option. Whereas with windows 10 you're merely stripping down/disabling bloat.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    #9 Dark Dinosaur, Apr 22, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2023