Windows 7 Guide Advice. Tried The Windows 7 Repository Already. No Response.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by onebitoff, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onebitoff

onebitoff MDL Novice

Dec 23, 2009
    I left this message on The Official Windows 7 Guide but no one responded so I thought I'd try here. Thanks. :confused:

Hi! I'm apprehensive about downloading the windows 7 iso on The Official Windows 7 Guide. I'd like to but I don't know how safe it is to download on P2P BitTorrent these days. I don't want to have to worry about any legal problems. Can you tell me how safe it is? I'm considering buying a copy of windows 7 for one computer and using it instead of the downloadable iso for my other computers. Would a bought version of windows 7 be the same as the windows 7 downloadable iso. Can I use any version? Home Premium though Ultimate? Upgrade or full ? Are all the versions of windows 7 on any version of windows 7 I would buy? Like the iso? Which ones the same as the iso? Sorry about being so long winded. ;)

I appreciate your time.

Thanks so much! ;)

2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Well, what you want to do? Download windows 7?

Go to the repository and pick a download link or go to the stickythread where you can find definite geniun links to both 32 and 64bit version.

3. onebitoff

onebitoff MDL Novice

Dec 23, 2009
    Well I understand that. I appreciate the time. But I wanted to know how safe it is to DL the iso and whether I could use the Windows 7 Guide with a copy of Windows 7 if I bought it. I want to use the bought copy of windows 7 on my other computers.

Thank You. ;)

4. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Peer-to-peer networks are banned in your country or is it considered a crime?

If you want to buy a windows, buy the edition that you like and activate it with the genuine key, what's the problem?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. highspeedmac

highspeedmac MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    #5 highspeedmac, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
    Simple answer for u..

Download it..

CHECK THE HASHES BEFORE & AFTER YOU DOWNLOAD!!!

The download is all versions, the only difference is you won't get the pretty MS packing and the pretty disc. There are topics & tools that will show you how to unlock all versions if you like. Search this forum for them.. the guides applies to the downloads or the paid fors..

If you find you like it, "it makes u wanna kiss your PC", Then do MS a favor and pay them for their hard work by buying a copy of the version you like off the shelf.

;)

6. onebitoff

onebitoff MDL Novice

Dec 23, 2009
    Are all the version of windows 7 on the paid disc like the iso?

7. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
  8. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Also, don't think about Legal or Illegal,,

How many mp3 songs have you downloaded in the past, guy?

I can't believe no one have not done illegal things via internet!!

So just download that torrent of Win7, which gives you the leaked original file from MSDN and TechNet (MS official webistes for IT pro).

10. onebitoff

onebitoff MDL Novice

Dec 23, 2009
    Well I'm sorry about the misunderstanding. I never said anything about the iso being unsafe with viruses or anything. I was only talking about whether it was safe legally and no I don't DL illegal music, movies, or ect. if I can possibly avoid it. I pay for what can. That's why I was asking about using a paid version. So I'd appreciate if you would please keep your scolding to yourself. Give a guy a break. I was only asking a question. I didn't need a lecture.

Chill out! ;)

Thanks

11. onebitoff

onebitoff MDL Novice

Dec 23, 2009
    By the way I really appreciate the time and effort you all have given. You guy have been great. This has been very helpful.

Now that I've got some background info to direct me I should be able to go in the right direction.

Thank Again ;)

12. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Please dont post the same question in two threads. You already posted in the win 7 repository so please in future be patient and wait for a response, Which you will get im sure. Many users with many questions....... most are answered.