Windows 7-Hanging Boot

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by simarpreet007, Sep 18, 2009.

1. simarpreet007

simarpreet007 MDL Junior Member

Jun 10, 2009
    #1 simarpreet007, Sep 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. simarpreet007

Jun 10, 2009
    Please Help Me Guys

People at MDL, Help me, its getting really annoying to see myself stuck at the bootscreen :(:(:mad::mad:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. justwood

justwood MDL Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Are you still getting stuck using the original BIOS?

4. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Im not 100% on this but it sounds like a boot loader problem to me. Ive seen a couple of posts on MDL about this and from what i recall the people in question used Easy BCD to solve the problem

5. simarpreet007

Jun 10, 2009
    Thanks Justwood for replying !

Well I'd like to tell you that I removed SLIC 2.1, from BIOS to ensure that it was'nt the failure of the BIOS MOD

But even without the bios modded I could not get past the 'Starting Windows' screen

Currently I have modded my bios again to include SLIC 2.1, but still its not booting

6. simarpreet007

Jun 10, 2009
  7. simarpreet007

Jun 10, 2009
    Hey Alextheg,

I'd like to tell you that I Never Installed any sort of Bootloader, because I have always been using modded bios for vista (SLIC 2.0) and also SLIC 2.1 for Windows 7 , Which presently does not seem to boot...

8. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    #9 twiz, Sep 18, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
    First of all use a DESCRIPTIVE title.
    Second, Don't double space your post.
    Third, don't double post.

That said, it sounds like you've got a bad burn.
    Do you happen to have another DVD you can install from? Maybe re-burn it at a friends house.
    I doubt this is a BIOS issue, since you get past the BIOS and can boot into Windows XP (correct?).

Given your OBVIOUS impatient-ness... how long have you waited for the screen to change?
    Some times it takes more than a few minutes.

9. simarpreet007

Jun 10, 2009
    Can you give me the links to the posts that you've seen.. ?

10. d3l1

d3l1 MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    sorry my bad I was referring to the complete installation you had in the beginning.

for the install problem. have you tried to unplug any hdd you don't need to install windows 7? would be a start. then, delete all the partitions on the desired drive (advanced options) and create a new partition.

just a start to rule out possible sources of errors.

or do I missunderstand you don't even get that far during the setup?

11. justwood

justwood MDL Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Also if you click on Upgrade instead of Custom. Upgrade takes a long time depending on how much data you have saved on the partition you are installing to.

12. simarpreet007

Jun 10, 2009

Hey Twiz,

I am sorry for the mistakes that I've done. ! :p:p

Hey buddy, I'd like to tell you that, I have 2 versions of Windows 7 with me, both downloaded from different locations, they are as under --

1) Windows 7 x32 Ultimate -- The one that once got installed and is refusing to get installed now.

2) Windows 7 x32 and x64 Ultimate AIO -- Also not getting past the 'Starting Windows' Screen

Also I'd Like to tell you that its not a problem with the BIOS MOD, since I am successfully booting Windows XP SP2, also the SLIC Detector specifies my bios as SLIC 2.1

13. simarpreet007

Jun 10, 2009

Hey Justwood,

I haven't clicked on Upgrade option, I have ALWAYS done Fresh install..

14. Qams

Qams MDL Novice

Sep 18, 2009
    @simarpreet007

I have faced same problem with more depth.

I lost My NTFS table and all Partition and Data.

I used all MBR tools available in Hiren's BootCD. But no success

Partition magic Showed Bad status.

But I recovered whole 400GB data to other hard disk by using Diskinternals NTFS recovery.

So Backup your Data First!!! Beware!!!

15. simarpreet007

Jun 10, 2009

Hey d3l1,

I'd Like to make you clear, that Once I had successfully installed Windows 7, but that too had occassional Boot Hangs at 'Starting Windows' screen

Also I have Checked for errors on my disk and also I have tried installing after deleting the Partition and then formatting my HDD again.

16. simarpreet007

Jun 10, 2009
    Hey Qams,

That too bad, :( Well mate what specs do you have, do you have a Nvidia Graphic card? also have you been able to install Windows 7 Now?

17. Qams

Qams MDL Novice

Sep 18, 2009
    I haven't Nvidia
    I have MSI G41 motherboard.

Now, i re-created all partitions
    and everything is fine with Das loader & Loader by Cypher

Actually Some problem was due to Hazar's earlier loader 7Loader By Orbit30 & Hazar v1.1

18. simarpreet007

Jun 10, 2009

Except for re-creating partitions, did you try uninstalling the earlier bootloader with some method like VOATK TOOLS ?

19. Brandrune

Brandrune MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Please stick to the topic