Windows 7 Help and Support not correctly displayed

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by brixphates, Nov 24, 2009.

1. brixphates

brixphates MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2009
    Help! For some reason, my windows help and support utility is not functioning well. When I open it, it shows:

Mark a partition as active
    __elbasuer__

__elbasuer__

Marking a partition as active is an advanced task that should only be performed by advanced users. Marking a partition as active on a basic disk means that the computer will use the loader (an operating system tool) on that partition to start the operating system.

Warning
    Don't mark a partition as active if it doesn't contain the loader for an operating system. Doing so will cause your computer to stop working.

Click to open Computer Management.
    __elbasuer__
    __elbasuer__

On the left, under Storage, click Disk Management.

Right-click the primary partition that you want to make active, click Mark Partition as Active, and then click Yes.

Notes
    You can't make a logical drive or an extended partition active. Only a primary partition can be made active.

There can be only one active partition per physical hard disk.

If you have multiple hard disks installed on your computer, it's possible for each hard disk to have a partition set as active. However, the active partition on the first hard disk that your computer's BIOS detects is the one that will start the computer.​

Also, all of the topics are lost!
    What's the possible way to reverse it?
    I remember in Vista, there's something about merging a key that'll fix the problem.

Thank you very much in advance!:)

2. brixphates

brixphates MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2009
    No one knows?

3. simarpreet007

simarpreet007 MDL Junior Member

Jun 10, 2009
    No one knows what are you asking. :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. maxdebesciak

maxdebesciak MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    it's damn hard to understand, what you are asking for :confused:

5. MrFerretKing

MrFerretKing MDL Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Take a screen shot of what you see so we can see:)

6. brixphates

brixphates MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2009
    I have lost a usable 'Help & Support' facility. When I click on its icon, I get a screen which uses the word "_elbasuer_". Nothing is found by the "search", and when I click on a linked page, a totally irrelevant page appears.

Attached Files:

7. sangalaviral

sangalaviral MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    I am also getting the same problem..,
    i tried installing with the untouched RTM,with the original disc supplied through house party as well as with the disc i got from dell as an upgrade package....But every time the problem is same

8. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. brixphates

brixphates MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2009
    It worked!

A million thanks dude! It worked like a charm!:D

10. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    You welcome!:)

11. HHGTTG

HHGTTG MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2010
    #11 HHGTTG, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
    SCBrigth.
    Thanks for that. It worked a dream. I had recently installed some Widdcom Bluetooth software in connection with a mini Bluetooth dongle but in all fairness I hadn't used 'Help and Support' for some time and therefore not realised that something was amiss, that is until about 2 hours ago!
    :D