Windows 7 Help Needed

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by hpnotebook, Oct 25, 2009.

1. hpnotebook

hpnotebook MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    I'm not computer savvy thus I need some help in installing Windows 7 even after reading the repository section. I've downloaded the Ultimate RTM version of Windows 7 32 bit for my HP notebook which operates with Vista currently. I just wanted to ask if its mandatory to use the loaders to activate my copy of Windows. Can't I just use the OEM keys, enter them and activate it (Just not sure if the loaders will mess up my bios)? As well, since HP laptops are loaded with a bunch of useless software, I'm planning to clean install. However, I'm not sure how do I still keep my recovery partition for HP (or if I need to as I have created the recovery disks a while ago). My notebook is also touchscreen, thus will the touch screen features still work on Windows 7?.....as my laptop came with pre-loaded touchscreen software. Also, if I clean install programs like HP health check and etc, which download driver updates, they will be deleted, thus will the Windows Updates for Windows 7 keep my PC running efficiently or do I still need to manually download the driver updates? Thanks.

2. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    #3 twiz, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  3. HPDV3

HPDV3 MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2009
    #4 HPDV3, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
    first off. if you dont intend on returning to vista, you can delete the recovery partition and free up disk space.

i deleted my recovery partitition but i also made the recovery disks which i can use if needed to return to vista. not likely :D

is your nbook the touchsmart tx2 series?

go to hps site and look for the newest bios for your nbook, if it dated in the last 2 months its highly likely that once you update you will have slic 2.1

then its very easy to activate win7 ;)