Windows 7 help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by falconhawk, Jul 13, 2011.

1. falconhawk

falconhawk MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2011
    ok, I am new here. I am not computer savy so please dojnt get mad if this has been answered time and time again.
    A couple years ago I got a Win 7 DVD, I loaded Win 7 ultimate x64 on my computer and used removewat. All was great for awhile then there was an update, KB SOMETHING SOMETHING. Anyways... everything was still fine other than I had a pop up every hour or so but I could still download updates and it all worked fine. Then I had to reformat a month ago when I had to get a new hard drive......

Now I have to figure out what I need to do, I dont want to download from an untrusted source. RemoveWat seems to have had issues and is not being updated, I have read about loaders, slic's, blah blah blah. Which one is best? Which one is easiest? Flash the Bios? whats that? After reading all this I feel pretty dumb lol.

We didnt have computers in our school when I was a kid. The best thing on the market when I was just getting out of school was a Commodore 64 or Atari 800xl. Hell, I was amazed at the Atari 2600, it was my best friend! I am completely self taught in what I know, which isnt much. Cant someone just point me at a safe download link so I can download, install and forget? lol

Any direction here would be great. Thanks in advance

2. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    #2 x86, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. malvo26

malvo26 MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2008
  4. falconhawk

falconhawk MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2011
    Thank you for the fast replies, here is a little more info. I re-installed windows about a month ago. I have all the updates installed from windows update. So just use Daz loader now or should I reformat again and download SP1 from the above link and then download Daz Loader?

5. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    #5 x86, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
    If you are up to date - as you say - I don't see why starting all over again. Just use the loader to activate...

What I mentioned in my initial reply was under the assumption that you are about to do a fresh install. In which case you could use your newly created image for future deployments. Since you already have an up to date installation, that isn't the case - so just apply the Daz solution and you are done.

Just make sure you have SP1 installed (and post-SP1 updates for that matter) before applying the loader. You can check at Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> View installed updates

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. falconhawk

falconhawk MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2011
    I was in the trial still. I downloaded Daz Loader and turned off Avast as per the instructions. Restarted and everything is working great. I even had 2 new windows updates and installed those and restarted with no problems. Thank you everyone, thank you very much!

7. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    #7 x86, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Glad you sorted it out :)

You may check Windows activation status at any time typing
    Code:
    slmgr -xpr
    at the command prompt