Windows 7 Home Premium alternative download appreciated

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Kiteboarder, Oct 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiteboarder

Kiteboarder MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2013
    #1 Kiteboarder, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    Hi, recently lost my computer hard drive only to find backup is corrupted.

New to all of this installing OS etc. and I downloaded Pirate Bay and went to link from Repository and downloaded W7 Home Premium 64 English and got hit w/ a bunch of Malware and when I did checksum/hash check it don't match up to be legit.

Would much appreciate an alternative to Pirate Bay and any tips to get back in the flow!

Thanks

EDIT... Thread I just started was closed
    dunno why but on links provided there (much thanks for replies and sorry in advance if I somehow did something wrong to get thread closed) there is many versions saying (media refresh) RTM etc. and I have no clue what that means.

I am looking for Windows 7 Home Premium English that the checksum/hash matches up and greatly appreciate the help!

2. Kiteboarder

Kiteboarder MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2013
    #3 Kiteboarder, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    (OP)
    No need to be rude.... Yes, I did click that link (and thanked both of them) and have read Tutorial, Repository, YouTube vids on Daz Loader, and over an hour on here BEFORE creating a post yet didn't know which one was the correct one to download as noted above. Some say non-bootable, SP1 Media Refresh etc and still unsure which one is the correct one.

3. Kiteboarder

Kiteboarder MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2013
    Edit: Did download one you mentioned above iBen and the Checksums don't match up.

4. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    SP1 media refresh is the one that would be best. This is genuine MS ISO from Digital River and as good as getting a boxed media from MS. Download, burn, and boot from DVD.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. iBen95111

iBen95111 MDL Junior Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Sorry, I've had a rough day.
    I used the Ultimate x64 DigitalRiver link and used Daz's loader after installing, it works fine.

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Thread was closed because you had been given all the information needed as already stated
    also when a thread is closed by a moderator do not open up thread with same title that is frowned upon.